The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Lambo Doors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

7G Lambo Doors

Does anyone here at tgc have lambo doors on their 7G.. I Just bought a set from VDI ... They told me that the door kit for the 95-99 Eclipse should be a good match with little or no modifacation needed.. Well wish me luck... Yeah go ahead say it .. lambo doors on a 7g.u ricer... Hey to each his own... Peace out guys.
    Dreams Do Come True

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    lambo doors on a 7g.u ricer

But Soltero had some on his old 7g, but no clue on which kit he used. Probably had one fabbed out of diamonds, thats how much of a baller he was...
    7g for life!

sweet.. i wish i could wipe with $100bills..... How u been seth??
    Dreams Do Come True

hey, i have no problems w/ ricers.. beleive it or not they seem to be a big part of modded cars.. maybe we get enough people to mod g's then there will be more demand for g's and more modded g's on the road. ricer or tuner, either way they are still galants and still part of the galant family..

i was accually of thinking of getting lambo doors, but instead im just going to get suicide rear doors (WAY down my road to finished..)

any ways good luck w/ the lambo doors.. take lost of pics b4 during and after..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Eh Lambo doors, i say go for it, but if you want to be original i say...
    Do lambo on the front, and Suicide Lambo on the rear. "Then my friend you would be a connesuer!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eh Lambo doors, i say go for it, but if you want to be original i say...
    Do lambo on the front, and Suicide Lambo on the rear. Â*"Then my friend you would be a connesuer!"</div>
    thats one hell of an avatar blue ice.lol

but i agree.go for it.ive always considered lambos.but please...do urself, every 7Ger, and the rest of TGC a favor and make sure its cleanly done.good luck to ya

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bezzle)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eh Lambo doors, i say go for it, but if you want to be original i say...
    Do lambo on the front, and Suicide Lambo on the rear. Â*"Then my friend you would be a connesuer!"</div>
    thats one hell of an avatar blue ice. lol
    </div>

I was waiting for someone to say something

yea i love the middle pix, woulda put it as a wallpaper but its from a cell or something
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i love the middle pix, woulda put it as a wallpaper but its from a cell or something</div>
    Yeah it's kind of grainy, it's actually from my digital camcorder that got stolen a couple of months after HIN 05. Just haven't invested in a gidital camera yet.

Ahh ok guys almost done with the Vdoors.. what a pain. I have had three sets of shocks for the doors. The first set they sent me we like 720 lbs.. Put it this way u open the door and as it takes off your head it shoots into outerspace. Then just try to shut the thing.. well next set they sent me were aroung 600 lbs or so. Well you didnt have to worry about getting decapatated when you open the door but you still couldnt close it while sitting in the car. So now i have a set at 510lbs wich is the lowest they make(what they told me).. So we will see how it works.
    Dreams Do Come True

phizz2k
    do you have to extend the wires so that they don't snap as the door moves up??

Also do you have to do any welding or has it been a direct replacement so far?

I didnt have to do any welding but had to grind down the hinge a little cause it rubbed on the fender.. Also had to drill new holes for the mounting cause the kit was for a 95-99 eclipse.. As far as the wires didnt need to extend them any.. they seem to be ok. only problem i have had is with the shocks for the door being to powerfull The 510 is still a little to strong but it will work. Im thinking about grinding down the edge or lip on the fender cause sometimes the door hing still rubes a little. also the indention for the side molding sticks out on the back side so i will probaly try and flatten it out more for more room for the hinge.
    Dreams Do Come True

Take off your door panel and bolt in some lead weights, maybe that will help.
    1996 Galant S

hey thanks for the idea. I might try it..
    Dreams Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Stolyn
    hey thanks for the idea. I might try it..
    well the doors are on and working properly you can see a pic at www.myspace.com/stolyn

Dreams Do Come True

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    how much did they run you, and you did the whole install yourself?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolyn
    well the doors are on and working properly you can see a pic at www.myspace.com/stolyn

Those look pretty good on there. Do you know how close the 7G's hinges are to the 8G's? If you don't that's ok, I 'll just have to get off my lazy ass and look at my cousin's 7G in my backyard. I was just wondering incase I wanted to snag the same kit to use on my 8G. Did they charge you extra for getting changing out the shocks so many times?

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    They look good Stolyn 8)

And BMD I can check the hinges on the 7g and 8g for you there sitting outside right by each other. :-D

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Nice! Did you have to use any weights?
    1996 Galant S

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    how much did they run you, and you did the whole install yourself?
    x2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast