The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ticking sound?????

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    theblackpearl

ticking sound?????

this morning i start my car and from the dash right behind the ac/heater vents it sounds like.. there is this loud ticking sound like "click click click click click " and its only happening if my cool air/warm air control is all the way cold.. if i turn it up just a lil warmer, not even much just as long as its not all the way cold it stops...anyone know what this is or why its happening?? thanks for the help

i had that problem a few months back. its a factory defect that they will usually fox for free. it took like 45-hour for them to fix. let me look through my previous posts and i can tell you exactly what it is.

i cannot seem find it, but it is a unit that is behind your glove box.

I found it! The dealership said it was the Heater Control Module. Here is my post:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...d+ticking+noise

Jeremiah
    can anybody verify that this is fixable for free? my warranty is up (i think) and i don't wanna get the ol' dealer run-around if i can just 2-click it and not worry about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah
    can anybody verify that this is fixable for free? my warranty is up (i think) and i don't wanna get the ol' dealer run-around if i can just 2-click it and not worry about it lol
    I cannot verify this, but it took less than an hour to fix so I do not think it will cost a lot to fix.

Jeremiah
    Quote Originally Posted by str8304
    I cannot verify this, but it took less than an hour to fix so I do not think it will cost a lot to fix.
    an hour at the dealer = like 3000000 dollars

TGC Regular
    That happend to me when i switched from hot to cold and vise vers. But not it doesnt make that noise anymore BUT I dont have HEAT ANYMORE SO i gotta get that fixed!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    damn my shit started ticking, better take it to the dealership (still under warrenty)

its the heater control valve.
    if its under waranty, obviously they'll fix it for free. If not, expect about 1 to 1.5 hours to repair (gotta remove the lower dash, glove box, and various HVAC ductwork just to reach it!), and about 80 bucks for the part.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Don't worry Blackpearl. Its just the bomb I planted under your dash. j/K

ManyBrews answered this and gave me a pic when I had the same problem. I haven't bought the unit yet because the dealer in Buffalo wants $125 for it and its Christmas. Here's the pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Manybrews
    its a small electric motor located on the heater core piping. You need to remove the glove box and look up and left to see it, and if you dont know what youre looking for most people will probably not find it.
    heres a disassemble pic.

TGC Regular
    damn, i gotta remember this, i've been having this problem for a while now, and i just dont turn it all the way down anymore. the first time it happened, it scared the shit out of me! i thought there was like a midget inside my dash or something, trying to get out! lol.

TGC Regular
    I started experiencing the same problem a few weeks ago and i was thinking that it is just becuase my car was cold. Anyway, does this part need to be replaced? my heater/AC still works fine, its just an annoying sound (which i can just drown out with music). let me know.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbla03)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*Anyway, does this part need to be replaced? Â*</div>
    yes, it does.

TGC Regular
    if i dont get it replaced right away what will happen? will my heater stop working?

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbla03)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i dont get it replaced right away what will happen? Â*will my heater stop working?</div>

it may.

ok I hate to bring this old topic up again, but Im experincing the same problem. The Thing is I dont have the AC/Heater Unit on at all! As soon as I start up the car, I get this Tick....Tickticktickticktickticktickticktick Tick...Tickticktickticktickticktickticktick over and over again. kinds sounds like plastic on plastic. Like something caught on something spinning. Could this be the same problem?