The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cutomized Back Seat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    fastmgalant97

Cutomized Back Seat

If your sick of lugging people around all the time and have a good sound system in the trunk heres a way that you can do it.

#1: Remove the bottom cushion of your back seat by pulling up the clips out from under the seat

#2: Remove your flip down cushion by unbolting it. There should only be 4 bolts, 2 on each side, you'll have to flip it down to get to them, you can leave the 2 side cushions in there if you like.

#3: Take a look at your flip down cushion the carpet on the back of it allmost unzips all the way you'll just have to cut the top of it

#4: You can snap it down in the back near where the trunk opening starts should be 2 snaps (where it should have been snaped down before you removed the seat)

#5: Remove your rear seat belts and mark the holes on the carpet where the bolt holes are for your seatbelts cut out the holes and bolt the carpet down using the bolts from your seatbelts.

#6: (optional) You can screw it down where your fuel pump and fuel sender are like i did (looks better)

#7: Pull the floor carpet up off the clips you used to remove your back seat and pull out the snap in the middle run the carpet from your old back seat under the floor carpet and put the snap back in (you will have to make a hole for it in the back seat carpet) cut slits in it for those clips that used to hold down ur back seat and slide it down over top of them. pull the floor carpet and install it just like it was before you lifted it.

#8 Your gonna have to find 2 small pieces of carpet to cover the sides in front of those side cushions or where the side cushions used to be if you removed them.

*u can use any type of carpet i just used my carpet off of my old back seat because i was short on money but i will prob. replace it soon. will have pics soon!!

Can u Read it now?!?!

I deffinately want to see pics and do you plan on putting anything other then the carpet in where the back seat was?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

fastmgalant97
    thats what im thinkin about but i have no good ideas yet but when get a good one i most likley will do somethin back there. i should have pics by the end of the night if not definitly tomorrow

Re: Cutomized Back Seat

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>if ur sick of luggin people around all the time and have a good sound system in the trunk remove the bottom cushion of ur back seat by pulling up the clips out from under the seat the remove ur flip down cushion by unbolting it should only be 4 bolts 2 on each side ull have to flip it down to get to them u can leave the 2 side cushions in there if u like then take a look at ur flip down cushion the carpet on the back of allmost unzips all the way ull just have to cut the top of it then u can snap it in the back near where the trunk opening starts should be 2 snaps then remove ur rear seat belts and mark the holes on the carpet where the bolt holes are for ur seatbelts cut out the holes and bolt the carpet down using the bolts from ur seatbelts pull the floor carpet up off the clips u used to remove ur back seat and pull out the snap in the middle run the carpet from ur old back seat under the floor carpet and put the snap back in (u will have to make a hole for it in the back seat carpet) cut slits in it for those clip that used to hold down ur back seat and slide down over top of them pull the floor carpet and install it just like it was before u lifted it. and ur gona have to find 2 small pieces of carpet to cover the sides in front of those side cushions or where the side cushions used to be if u removed them.u can use any typ of carpet i just used my carpet off of my old back seat because i was short on money but i will prob. replace it soon. will have pics soon!! [/b]</div>

dude i can't read that?

can you please retype it using punctuation and some sentence structure?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

PICS PLEASE ... Im reading what u wrote but cant picture it.
    Dreams Do Come True

fastmgalant97
    im gonna cover my trunk opening with a cutomized cut piece of plexiglass with my speakers behind it

Experienced TGC Member
    This seems to be a good idea for someone who wants to defeat the purpose of owning a 4 door car............................. but hey if u want to do it then do it. Definately take pics of the finished product.

fastmgalant97
    ne 1 kno where to get some cheap carpet black carpet for my 7g?

fastmgalant97

fastmgalant97
    yeah im propably going to take out the back window and have a piece of sheet metal cover it and have the door welded shut then sand everything down and painted ........ then it would be a 2 door galant.....but im gonna leave the corner window in there........ but does anyone think the galant is too long to be a 2 door? Any one know where i can get a good lookin body kit for not to much?

8G_GTZ
    you're fucked up dude. Go buy a two door car.

fastmgalant97
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>you're fucked up dude. Go buy a two door car.</div>

its not just that i want a 2 door car i want my 7g to be unique & 1 of a kind and if thats fucked up then theres is no reason to customize at all

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    7g is a very long car. Would look odd as a 2dr with stock front doors. You would have to relocate the main pillar back a ways and extend the front door.
    7g for life!

fastmgalant97
    fuck all that ill just leave it 4 door. Can i suicide the rear doors and shave the door handles?

8G_GTZ
    of course, it's been done a few times. Lambo fronts, suicide rears. You'll spend close to 3-4k for that though too.

fastmgalant97
    yea maybe sometime in the future ill just stick with customizing the back seat for now

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>you're fucked up dude. Go buy a two door car.</div>

its not just that i want a 2 door car i want my 7g to be unique & 1 of a kind and if thats fucked up then theres is no reason to customize at all</div>

a one of a kind car is cool. a one of a kind car that looks fucking rediculously fugly isn't cool. i can't understand your idea at all. all i read was "pull carpet to here, pull more carpet"

got some pics bigger than a postage stamp?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

fastmgalant97
    will have more pics later just picture what u car looks like under the back seat where ur access panel are for the fuel pump and picture that covered with carpet an thats it!

fastmgalant97

BIG ENUF

fastmgalant97

let me kno if i forgot sumthing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast