The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom exhaust for my 2004 Galant ES 4CYL Mivec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(invertedzero)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(invertedzero)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah i think you are the first i've been waiting for someone to get this done and it looks good i might get mine done on thurs.</div>

Choose your muffler wisely </div>

getting a magnaflow muffler </div>

Great choice, any other mods you've done to your 9G? if you need an intake, the RRM ralliart intake is a good canidate... im pretty sure it bolts on directly. Myself, im going to get the intake and pulley's.. all the mods together should give me a good 20whp/tq

i haven't really put anything on the car that much, i just changed the headlight bulbs to piaa and also have piaa foglights, as for the intake i just replaced the filter with the K&N filter

intake tubing would probably fit the only question is, is the air sensor going to fit without any mods? also be sure to get cold air intake instead of the short ram as the short ram would only suck in hot air which is bad for the engine

where can i get some info or see the RRM intake?

The intake for the V6 9G will have to be extended a bit to reach but other than that it does fit and bolt up.

The intake has to have a provision for the MAFS being as ours stock has it built into the air box mount wise.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(invertedzero)</div><div class='quotemain'>i haven't really put anything on the car that much, i just changed the headlight bulbs to piaa and also have piaa foglights, as for the intake i just replaced the filter with the K&N filter

intake tubing would probably fit the only question is, is the air sensor going to fit without any mods? also be sure to get cold air intake instead of the short ram as the short ram would only suck in hot air which is bad for the engine</div>

MAS would fit perfectly, RRM says the shortram will drop 0-60 times by 1 second, big increase if you ask me.. Although the 9G is tuned from the factory for a fast 0-60 since thats what most americans care about.

wow 9th gen's forum section's alive!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(invertedzero)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow 9th gen's forum section's alive!!!!! </div>

I know it's insane right?

hehehe... I think im gonna make a custom short ram intake with home depot PVC

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehehe... I think im gonna make a custom short ram intake with home depot PVC *:o</div>

If you want to kill your motor slowly over time go ahead PVC = Bad Gas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehehe... I think im gonna make a custom short ram intake with home depot PVC *:o</div>

If you want to kill your motor slowly over time go ahead PVC = Bad Gas</div>

How can PVC kill your motor?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehehe... I think im gonna make a custom short ram intake with home depot PVC *:o</div>

How can PVC kill your motor?</div>

It releases gas when it heats up...google it sir

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gc86)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehehe... I think im gonna make a custom short ram intake with home depot PVC *:o</div>

How can PVC kill your motor?</div>

It releases gas when it heats up...google it sir</div>

Wow, thanks for the heads up, damn what should I use lol, 150 bucks for the RRM shortram just doesn't seem right.. i'd rather spend 120 on the pulley and get guaranteed power...

could one of u post up a link for the CAI that your talkin about from RRM

http://roadracemotorsports.com/ it's under the ralliart section.. those parts are for the lancer ralliart, but im positive the pulley and shortram are a direct fit

so do u kno some info about this short ram.. it does look like a perfect fit.. but by how much does it increase the hp?? do u know?

thanks in advance

they say a second off the 0-60 for the ralliart, makes sence since the 9G transmission is greatly optimized for a fast 0-60, 1st and 2nd pull the hardest.... get it man and let us know

haha ya man im thinkin about it i sent them an email.. ill see what they say.. i was gonna try to get the fujita intake.. but that $340CAN so this is much cheaper.. i think im gonna try this short ram..
    and the pulley.. lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shi04ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha ya man im thinkin about it i sent them an email.. ill see what they say.. i was gonna try to get the fujita intake.. but that $340CAN so this is much cheaper.. i think im gonna try this short ram.. *
    and the pulley.. lol</div>

Alright man, let me know though... im saving up currently for the short ram/pulley.

got my exhaust done i'll be posting a clip soon

I'll be making a video soon of my CAI/Exhaust in action, stay tuned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast