The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO SWAP INTO A 99-03 GALANT????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 46
    GAL01ANT

EVO SWAP INTO A 99-03 GALANT????

HEY THERE PPLS IM FROM VEGAS AND I JUST FOUND THIS SITE.
    IM HEREING ALL THESE THINGS ABOUT SWAPPING A EVO 7 OR EVO 8 MOTOR INTO A GALNT.
    IS THIS POSSIBLE? IF IT IS HOW MUCH AM I LOOKING AT FOR THE SWAP? WOULD I HAVE TO MAKE IT INTO AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE 2?(WHICH WOULDNT B A BAD THING)
    ALL KINDS OF HELP WOULD B GREAT AND APPRECIATED.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yes its possible, Do a search, there are a few threads specific to this topic, one of which is near the top of the 8g performance section, where this post belongs....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Who in Vegas is going to do this swap for you? I am in Vegas too and could recommend a shop and get you the engine and tranny swap.

Have I seen your Galant before....maybe in my rear view mirror?
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    ^^ditto, welcome, were in vegas?

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    VELKOM!!!! It's been thought of..... still thinkin til now....

GroceryGetterES

Re: EVO SWAP INTO A 99-03 GALANT????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAL01ANT)</div><div class='quotemain'> HEY THERE PPLS IM FROM VEGAS AND I JUST FOUND THIS SITE. Â*
    IS THIS POSSIBLE? IF IT IS HOW MUCH AM I LOOKING AT FOR THE SWAP? WOULD I HAVE TO MAKE IT INTO AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE 2?(WHICH WOULDNT B A BAD THING) Â*
    </div>

Its been done but it's a waste of a perfectly good Evo engine IMO. In the end it's still a Galant so you end up dumping lots of money into a car still worth $7k when your done if your lucky.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GroceryGetterES)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Its been done but it's a waste of a perfectly good Evo engine IMO. Â*In the end it's still a Galant so you end up dumping lots of money into a car still worth $7k when your done if your lucky.</div>

That's not the point now is it ? Someone who can afford to do the swap can afford a better car but whats the fun in that. Same reason I have the Galant when my other cars are more than twice the price.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GroceryGetterES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAL01ANT)</div><div class='quotemain'> HEY THERE PPLS IM FROM VEGAS AND I JUST FOUND THIS SITE. Â*
    IS THIS POSSIBLE? IF IT IS HOW MUCH AM I LOOKING AT FOR THE SWAP? WOULD I HAVE TO MAKE IT INTO AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE 2?(WHICH WOULDNT B A BAD THING) Â*
    </div>

Its been done but it's a waste of a perfectly good Evo engine IMO. In the end it's still a Galant so you end up dumping lots of money into a car still worth $7k when your done if your lucky.</div>

uhhh

or you can look at it this way,

you bought a car for 4-7 grand,
    you dropped 5 grand into it, maybe 8 tops
    so for as much as 15 grand

you have a car that will destroy most anything it encounters.... isnt' a dime a dosen..... gets SUPER cheap insurance... and costs 3k less than the fastest cheap car... which is a damn ugly neon with a bodykit and a silly name.

yeha
    i'm pretty sure i'd rather have the evolved G.

especially since the evo is only an evo because of the galant.

no galant no evo.
    no galant.. no eclipse
    no galant....
    well
    i couldn't imagine a world without a galant...

wether you give them credit or not... galant was the original import tunercar.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    You know, in a way you are right.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

hes actually alittle more than "in a way" right

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know, in a way you are right.</div>
    X2

Experienced TGC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GroceryGetterES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAL01ANT)</div><div class='quotemain'> HEY THERE PPLS IM FROM VEGAS AND I JUST FOUND THIS SITE. Â*
    </div>

Its been done but it's a waste of a perfectly good Evo engine IMO. In the end it's still a Galant so you end up dumping lots of money into a car still worth $7k when your done if your lucky.</div>

uhhh

you have a car that will destroy most anything it encounters.... isnt' a dime a dosen..... gets SUPER cheap insurance... and costs 3k less than the fastest cheap car... which is a damn ugly neon with a bodykit and a silly name.

yeha

no galant no evo.
    no galant.. no eclipse
    no galant....
    well

wether you give them credit or not... galant was the original import tunercar.</div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Damn what an intelligent way to tell someone that they are FUCKING WRONG!! LMAO. John does have a point. Why own something someone else has when you can pull up in a Galant and noone expects to lose to a GALANT of all cars in the world.. Be different... Thats why we all own our Galant .. Or you can be like everyone else and pay 4-500 a month for an EVO VIII. Your choice..

lol.... an EVO that will most likely break on its own because they have tons of problems right off the showroom floor, then your tranns blows and the dealer tells you that your warranty is voided because you installed a K&N filter. Thats why I would never buy a new car from Mitsu, especially not an EVO.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Xska55
    lol Stop lieing Bri, I cant count how many times you called me talking about how you almost bought an EVO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol Stop lieing Bri, I cant count how many times you called me talking about how you almost bought an EVO. Â*</div>

lol....talked, but never did. At this point, I'd buy a honda before an EVO.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

An 8G true family sedan that can blow the doors off of Merc and Beemers that cost twice as much. How can you not see the potential.

Its not just a grocery getter unless you want to keep it that way.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Yes, in stock form, the Galant is slow as ass. But how about this: You're lining up on the dragstrip. On the other lane is a too-fast-too-furious 350Z. Everybody is laughing at your "slow gay-lant". Then before they know it, you blow the shit out of the Z and score a 13-second quartermile. Everybody is screaming "holy fucking shit!" You come back, smile at everyone and have them wonder for days how your G did it. How's that? Now go watch the videos of TGC 4G63T Galants.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GroceryGetterES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAL01ANT)</div><div class='quotemain'> HEY THERE PPLS IM FROM VEGAS AND I JUST FOUND THIS SITE. Â*
    </div>

uhhh

yeha

no galant no evo.
    no galant.. no eclipse
    no galant....
    well

wether you give them credit or not... galant was the original import tunercar.</div>

haha. he gotcho ass!

damn john way to stick it to em.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

GroceryGetterES
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Damn what an intelligent way to tell someone that they are FUCKING WRONG!! LMAO. John does have a point. Why own something someone else has when you can pull up in a Galant and noone expects to lose to a GALANT of all cars in the world.. Be different... Thats why we all own our Galant Â*.. Or you can be like everyone else and pay 4-500 a month for an EVO VIII. Your choice..</div>

LOL some of you fanboy tools are too funny.

If cost is your argument then why not buy an 85-87 Buick Grand National for $8k and run 10s all day out of the box? You still get that Buick sleeper look you say the Galant has eh?

See the difference is this... you put $15k into a car you would be lucky to resell for $6k or you buy that souped up neon for $15k.. one year later see which one is worth more when you try to resell it.

All you've accomplished for $8k wasted is a 4dr family car still proobably will not be able to beat a comprobably modded SRT-4 or EVO.

If you want speed then my advice is spend your $7k-$8k on a platform worth modifying for performance like a DSM, 91 VR-4, Toyota Supra, or a F-Body Chevy or Fox Body Ford. You're money will go much further in terms of performance if that's what you want. I've seen 6G VR-4s eat lots of other sports cars for breakfast in the 1/4 with little more than a boost controller.

Take it from me and my experience, don't waste your money on trying to make a car into something it's not. 7G and 8G Galants nowdays are family sedans not the great rally car they once were. Our cars are sporty looking family sedans that look really good if pimped out just right but performance cars they are not..

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol.... an EVO that will most likely break on its own because they have tons of problems right off the showroom floor, then your tranns blows and the dealer tells you that your warranty is voided because you installed a K&N filter. Thats why I would never buy a new car from Mitsu, especially not an EVO.</div>.

stop ruining my dream of someday owning an EVO.........
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast