The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttle Stickin?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    chsfinnest

Throttle Stickin?

Over the last few months ive had this reoccuring problem. Sometimes while driving the throttle seems as if its getting stuck or something. For instance when coming to a stop the engine will be louder than usual and idling higher, and if i take my foot of the brake itll roll foward much faster than normal. When put into park the engine will start reving from like 1000rmp to 2000rmp over and over. Ive tried cleaning the throttle body and it made the problem go away for a while when i did it a few months ago but recently it has come back and cleaning it hasnt really had an affect. There is nothing snaggin the cabled so that cant be the problem. Help and suggestions are much appreciated.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    When you first start the car when the car is cold, does it idle fine? Once the car is warm, does the car idle high? Back on my old 4g64, when my IAC died, it would idle normal when the car was cold, but once it warmed up, I would have a hefty 1.5-2k idle which was annoying.

Usually when the IAC goes bad your idle will be unusually high or it will vary from low to high.

To be sure its not the cable sticking, when the car is running, go under the hood, where the cable attaches to the TB, just twist it closed. If its already closed it wont move or wont move much and the idle will be the same. For some reason if its sticking, it should close and your idle will go back to normal.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    im gearing more towards the IAC.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

fastmgalant97
    my mas made my car idle all crazy it would go up and down up and down but since i replaced it it has been fine so u might wana check the mas also is u cel on

chsfinnest
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>my mas made my car idle all crazy it would go up and down up and down but since i replaced it it has been fine so u might wana check the mas also is u cel on</div>

Whats the mas? How much is an iac or do yall think the junk yard would work and "is u cel on" whats that mean im lost?

CEL = check engine light
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

fastmgalant97
    MAS = mass airflow sensor

chsfinnest
    Sometimes the CEL will pop on for a min then go off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chsfinnest)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sometimes the CEL will pop on for a min then go off.</div>
    i would say take your G to your local autozone to get the codes read but you may end up getting the same problem that some of us other 7Ger's have which is that we cant get our CEL checked cause the scanner cant read the computer but its still worth a shot
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

chsfinnest
    Yea i tried it before at places like autozone and advanced autos but they say they cant read it, how much does the dealer cost to pull codes?

i think someone once said it was like 80 dollars but im not sure has i have never been to the dealer for anything for my car, but im sure someone can confirm this or not
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

look around some local auto shops.... if they can pull the codes from your car, you'd save money than goin the dealer...thats what i did when i had the same exact problem..mine was the iac...good luck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Litoflipboi)</div><div class='quotemain'>look around some local auto shops.... if they can pull the codes from your car, you'd save money than goin the dealer...thats what i did when i had the same exact problem..mine was the iac...good luck</div>

well the only problem with that is the fact that most of us 7g guys have problems with getting the codes from the computer, the port itself is OBD2 but the computer seems to be OBD1 so you can see the problem this would cause.
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    For the 94-96 Galants, you need the Mitsu scan tool to scan for codes. A regular OBDI code reader wont work from my understanding. As long as the shop has the Mitsu scan tool, they can read your codes. AutoZone is gay and only has an OBDII reader.
    7g for life!

coolblind
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>For the 94-96 Galants, you need the Mitsu scan tool to scan for codes. Â*A regular OBDI code reader wont work from my understanding. Â*As long as the shop has the Mitsu scan tool, they can read your codes. Â*AutoZone is gay and only has an OBDII reader.</div>

Even the 96 Galants? I think it should use OBDII code since 96. Am I right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(coolblind)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>For the 94-96 Galants, you need the Mitsu scan tool to scan for codes. Â*A regular OBDI code reader wont work from my understanding. Â*As long as the shop has the Mitsu scan tool, they can read your codes. Â*AutoZone is gay and only has an OBDII reader.</div>

Even the 96 Galants? I think it should use OBDII code since 96. Am I right?</div>
    you are correct
    94-95 are obd1
    96 up are obdII

1994 Galant GS-Turbo