The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ahh, the Automatic (a question)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    The final straw for me was when it went to shift and shot up past 6k and then i let off and it grabbed into the gear. When i made a complete stop it jerked forward and i only had reverse after that.
    Light em up.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelman
    The final straw for me was when it went to shift and shot up past 6k and then i let off and it grabbed into the gear. When i made a complete stop it jerked forward and i only had reverse after that.
    Sounds lovely!

Anyone else care to share their experiences?
    1996 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The final straw is when it stops working? ha

Ive done 7500RPM on my stock 5spd trans with my 63t 8)
    7g for life!

ive gotta 3yr warranty on my tranny since i got it rebuilt[first time] and since then i had one minor leak in the pan[i think?] and its been pretty sturdy since then.got 2yrs left on the warranty and the shop i have it with are really good mechanics...if i have a problem, bring it in, no questions asked,they take care of it, get it back the next morning. thats my reason for not rushing into the 5spd world.

shit I got lifetime warranty on my g,so I cant do a swap unless willing to give that up.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Well, it finally failed on me. Dramatically.

Now I have no car...since this car's tranny has a hole and a crack in it. YIPPEE!!!

I might not be in the Galant fold for too much longer if my g-ma doesn't let me spend the time to get parts and swap in a 5 sp.

P.S. Does $500 sound good for this car? I only paid $1650, but with the transmission the way it is I'm tempted to take the offer and run.

-Ian
    1996 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    HHHmm, i that sounds like a nice deal. I might consider it, or you can save that 500 and i can drive up to you and do your 5spd swap for you. That is considering you have all the parts and tools. But if i do the math right and you dont have anything and i gotta get all the parts well then, thats another story........................

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12