The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i need help wiring my new deck!!!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

i need help wiring my new deck!!!!

i got a sony explode deck and i got the wires goin to my stock infinity amp to the rca's... i need to know what i need to connect and what i don't.. i looked at the wiring code for a galant on this forum and it doesn't really help that much... any suggestions?

Did you purchase a wiring harness to connect the wires from the deck to the car?

not yet...i'm goin today

malicious
    can some tell me which harness is the exact one i need

i think it's 70-7001

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=70-7001

01 es w/ infinity

kenwood deck

thanks

That will give you your power connections for the radio. You'll also need the mitah to retain the factory infinity amp. This thing

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERMITAH
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

malicious
    yea i took a closer look at my MITAH that i bought and i came with a harness

i got the HU hooked up and it's functional but no sound .. like the amp isn't coming on

i had the carpet shampooed on that side and at the same time my evap drain cloged and flooded the passenger floor so i think water got to my amp or to the wiring anyway..

going to pull up the carpet and see...

if the amp is shot i'm just going to run new wires and use my HU power as i think it's more powerfull than the factory amp anyway ... 4x22 rms

cheers,

mal

was the factory radio working before you started everything? you might want to double check everything. even double check your radio to make sure that its sending the signal to the rca outputs on the head unit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

malicious
    not sure how to check that (rca) ... brand new unit .. kenwood kdc-mp2032

the way it went down was like this...

took car in for shampoo .. guy focused on passenger side .. soaking the floor

radio worked fine on the way home

next day the drain clogged and leaked a lot on the passenger side

day after that the audio went bizerk sending qarbled sound back and forth between right and left channels then went out entirely

day after that the factory HU stoped showing volume etc... and just said CODE .. i put the code in and it came back with perfect sound for 1 drive ... then never would never turn on again (no HU display no sound)

wierd huh....

Ok check the fuses in the yellow thing in the fuse box under the hood. Also in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash, there's a fuse marked with a musical note check that one too. Sounds like either a blown fuse or your water problem fried the amp.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i agree.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678