The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint Question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Paint Question

Ok - I have a question regarding paint color matching.

I wanna test fit some items on my car which has (I believe) the P78 Mitsubishi Cambridge Red Pearl paint on it. I went to a few autoparts stores and it appears there is no duplicolor version that corresponds to it that comes in anything larger than the touch up size. Even the local mitsu dealer gave me the same answer.

Online I see I can get it color matched for about $50 a can of spray, and a lot more for a 1/2 pint etc.

All I want is to get a couple of cans to get an idea of how things will look with the current scheme before I get a paint job done on it. (Not sure if I want to stay with the red or go with something else).

Anyone know what the closest matching Krylon or Duplicolor paint would be ?

Thanks
    Just living another day in the universe !

TGC Regular
    If you have the paint code (P78) you can just go to any automotive paint store (look in yellowpages) and they can mix some up for you. The smallest amount they will mix is a pint. Red paint is the most expensive so it will be around $30-40 for the pint. Other paints, like white or black will be closer to $20 for a pint.

You will need a spray gun to apply the paint, unless you specifically ask for a paint that DOESNT need a catalyst, in that case they can usually put some in a rattlecan for you.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Ok - thanks for the input.

I guess if theres nothing off the shelf that would match well, then Ill have to try that.
    Just living another day in the universe !