The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM HEADLIGHT

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

JDM HEADLIGHT

I GOT MY JDM HEADLIGHTS BUT CANT MAKE THEM FIT PERFECTLY. ALSO THE JDM GRILL WONT FIT AS WELL. GOT ALL PARTS FROM A MEMBER IN JAPAN. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW TO MOD CORRECTLY THE BODY? I HAVE ALREADY GRINDED SOME BODY (NEAR INTERCOOLER). BUT WONT GO UNDER THE HOOD COMPLETELY, AND GRILL IS NOT FITTING...WHAT TO DO...(ALSO WHERE TO GET HEADLIGHTS ADJUSTED TO SHINE AT PEAK?????)
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Nick VR4
    Japanesse parts wont fit US cars without quite a lot of modding
    You might want to go to a body shop
    On the lights the same thing
    You drive right hand side Japanesse Left hand side
    so your lights may need to be set up correctly also
    again body shop

i recall taht the jdm grille clips onto the headlights. or @ least some of them do. so you might wanna look into that.

also you're gonna need to do alot of custom fabrication.

let me say that the jdm headlights are not only longer than the us spec but in many places taller. so yea you're gonna have to squeeze them in. notch out part of the radiator, drill and tap new holes for the mounting bolts and o yea the wiring harness.

don't rush things, this is gonna take a while...patience is everything. without it, you might as well throw the headlights away

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Re: JDM HEADLIGHT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sillyasianz)</div><div class='quotemain'>I GOT MY JDM HEADLIGHTS BUT CANT MAKE THEM FIT PERFECTLY. ALSO THE JDM GRILL WONT FIT AS WELL. GOT ALL PARTS FROM A MEMBER IN JAPAN. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW TO MOD CORRECTLY THE BODY? I HAVE ALREADY GRINDED SOME BODY (NEAR INTERCOOLER). BUT WONT GO UNDER THE HOOD COMPLETELY, AND GRILL IS NOT FITTING...WHAT TO DO...(ALSO WHERE TO GET HEADLIGHTS ADJUSTED TO SHINE AT PEAK?????)</div>

ur in northridge? im in woodland hills. PM me and i'll meet u and show you how to get these things in...

If you guys work on this, can someone take pictures during the event So us future modders can think of doing this same difficult mod.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Supernova

Re: JDM HEADLIGHT

[quote="Reelax"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    Did you hit a squirrl(sp) there on the front?

let see if my memory serves me right. reelax, that was from a tow truck from when u broke ur axle right?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>let see if my memory serves me right. reelax, that was from a tow truck from when u broke ur axle right?</div>

good memory... i never fixed the bumper cuz i am still trying to get the JDM bodykit bumper (i have the rest of the kit sitting in my guest bedroom). it looks like blood cuz there was a red primer sprayed on when i got the lower bumper bar cut and flushed and repainted.