The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yet another idea!!!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Experienced TGC Member

Yet another idea!!!!

OK so ive been wanting to clear my corners and do the angel eye mod...... The only problem is that the fluttering in our headlihgts just looks shitty... Sooooo.... Ive been thinking about this idea and i need some opinions. Basically its the same exact concept of getting the yellow off your headlights with sandpaper and rubbing compound. The only difference is how will we get a buffer in our headlights?? Well my idea is to sand the fluttering completely out then take a dremel and tie a buffing pad around the little grinding wheel or something by tie strap to buff it completey. Same concept as a buffer right????? Im going to try this when i remove the front bumper to install the new one that came with my body kit.. If all goes well ill take pictures but in all honesty i have no time to make a tutorial. However i will be willing to assist with my guideance.

Johnas

phizz2k
    From what I heard it works.. It just takes a long time to sand out all those lines...

If you try this.. post pics....

last i remember...thee incredible eric asked for a set of 7G headlights from anyone...im guessing someone sent him a pair already. he was basically gonna experiment with the fluting we suffer from but there has yet to be an update on that project.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think im gonna try it with the junk mirage i have in my back yard.. that wy i dont fuck up my lights...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think im gonna try it with the junk mirage i have in my back yard.. that wy i dont fuck up my lights...</div>
    thats what i do , i go to the junkyard and do something to the jumked galants that i plan on doing to mine so i know what to do and how to do it so i dont fuck things up
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luke9511)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think im gonna try it with the junk mirage i have in my back yard.. that wy i dont fuck up my lights...</div>
    thats what i do , i go to the junkyard and do something to the jumked galants that i plan on doing to mine so i know what to do and how to do it so i dont fuck things up</div>
    sometimes u gotta take chances too.first set of headlights i ever cracked open were my JDMs.

sanding the fluting isn't gonna work. well i should say this. with the lights off, its gonna look nice but with the lights on, the beam pattern will look hoorible because the thickness of the lens won't be consistent.

now if you were to cut out part of the lens and replace it with something else, that might work.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    sanding the fluting isn't gonna work. well i should say this. with the lights off, its gonna look nice but with the lights on, the beam pattern will look hoorible because the thickness of the lens won't be consistent.

now if you were to cut out part of the lens and replace it with something else, that might work.
    i have a set of wrecked head lights.. im going to try and sand the fluttering off.. if successful im sending them to eric to get 8g style headlights, you know dual angle eye projectors.. and ill either sale or keep my cybies
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...