The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g(97/98): JiPs 2g ECU Swap tutorial.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 59
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

so I guess I need pointers on picking out real ones... the compressor housing and compressor wheel look legit but is there a easy to find flag for spotting the fakes? if I'm gonna do this then I want new or mostly new parts that are not shit with sprinkles....and it looks like I have to put this off even longer, so when I get back I want to have a pile of boxes waiting to go in because I just got a large pay raise that's soon to be tax free... fucking afghanistan... arrr.

so i got the ecu in and the car is running but i am running into a problem the car is staying extremely lean and max ignition timing i get at idle is 5 to 7 degrees for some reason the car is staying in base timing anybody had this problem after the ecu swap?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I will be redoing this tutorial in the next week or two. The new version will be similar, but much easier to follow.
    7g for life!

so if the tutorial is for a 97/98 why do you have to swap the injector wires when they are in the same spot as a 2g ecu?
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I will be redoing this tutorial in the next week or two. The new version will be similar, but much easier to follow.
    this would help so much, i'm waiting like a ninja

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Ok. Eprom how do I know. ? There is a 1997 -98 GST at the yard which is this?
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Ok. Eprom how do I know. ? There is a 1997 -98 GST at the yard which is this?
    EPROM was mainly only 95 cars. Maybe a few stray early 96s have them if you get lucky. The way to tell is on the label on the cover it will have an E in the bottom right. 98/99 ecus are plastic and flashable.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Ok what are the differences between ECUs eprom and the 97-98 tuning wise

Me I'm a lil of both

EPROM can run DSM link the best tuning option by far
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

If I do the plastic upgrade now the eprom will plug and play later right?

Me I'm a lil of both

Kind of. The ignition is different because of the cam angle sensors being in different locations. Link has a program to use the 1g sensor in a 95 style car.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

hey was up guys i wanted to ask something i got my engine hardness back from turbo bob in south windsor ct and i am show u what he did and that will tell the story and yes he toke 4-6 months. Don't look plug play do it?

Last edited by XXL4G64; 12-23-2011 at 12:28 PM

you got your hardness back huh......good for you....lol

Looks like a spaghetti mess. So what are you asking exactly?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Wow. Looks like total shit.
    Just being honest, like dog shit.
    I hope you didn't pay for that.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I'm asking the CAS those 4 wires/power trans wires (he mark pin 23 that I do know goes back to the ecu but there 3 more ) do I wire them all to coil or no that part I'm lost at and yes I did pay for it learn from that.
    Last edited by XXL4G64; 12-24-2011 at 09:13 AM

I hate being right man. I had a feeling Bob wasn't going to do it correctly. Sad thing is that a lot of people go to that shop. I know he is local, but if you need any help I suggest going to Turbo Tony hes up in Torrington and can help you out. He is 2point2fast on Ccdsm
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I would post those pics on every local forum you can find as a testament of his shotty work. Anyone who calls themselves a professional and works with the public producing work like that needs to go out of business and lose their house and shirt in the process.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

He didn't even use heatshrink wrap. I wonder if those are even soldered wires. And using all the same color wire is a nice touch. Not to mention that he used red. You are going to thank him if you ever have to do any down the road wiring because you'll have no idea which wire is which.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    He didn't even use heatshrink wrap. I wonder if those are even soldered wires. And using all the same color wire is a nice touch. Not to mention that he used red. You are going to thank him if you ever have to do any down the road wiring because you'll have no idea which wire is which.
    my car been down from April the coil, knock not hard-wire in he said everything would just be plug and play but it seems like no so I'm asking for big help. and hell nuh it is just what u guys see and think im post the other ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast