The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo project

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Showing results 141 to 150 of 150
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopin64
    when did I say I was doing this behind his back? That would be pretty much impossible even if I wanted to try. I simply put together the most intelligable and biased little presentation I could and convinced him I could handle it. I then told him the worst possible scenarios and how I would make it through them.

When I begin the entire process I will have $2300 on hand.
    am i confused or are you:

this is great. my dad walked in while i was looking at turbos and he said that he will stop paying for gas if i put a turbocharger in my car because "there is a 70% you will break the car". then i preceeded to give him a long talk about the pros and cons and all possible failures caused by turbos and how i would fix them and what i am doing to make sure that the turbo will be reliably tuned but he responded by saying he doesnt need to hear that made up mumbo jumbo. i am 98% convinced that he wont listen to me so i might have to wait until college when he wont notive if my car is out of commision for a week. there is no way in hell i can afford gas.

i guess on the bright side maybe i can get tein basics and bodykits so i can have a cool slow car.
    i know that in the uncommon occurances of things breaking i will be able to fix it but my dad will have none of that. im trying to get a job so i can afford either gas or insurance a seperate car. until then im going to put together a sort of "packet" explaining how the turbo install would happen what it would take how much it would cost. my best bet is just to have an intellegable clear explanation of everything it would entail.
    unless this has changed (you never mentioned the contrary), it doesnt sound to me that you have approval and you definitely do not have support (financial) for this project from ur dad.

it was unclearly implied when i posted that the install was back on. so instead of impling i will say now that i convinced my dad to let me turbo my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    and you definitely do not have support (financial) for this project from ur dad.
    and I DEFINITELY don't have financial support. He said that if the car goes down its my responsibility to get rides where I need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Personally, I wouldnt mind picking up an Evo3 16g.

Right now I dont have any piggy back systems running, no manual fuel correction or anything, but my A/F ratio under boost goes directly to 11.4 on the wideband and it only cost me $100. Its tuned to 11.4AFR, more aggressive timing maps, adjustable stutterbox, fixed a few CELs that are common with my swap, knock light built into the stock boost wire, and a few other options, all for $100 and I can get updated chips for $15. How do you ask? EPROM chip from www.keydiver.com If your running an 8g, Im not sure if you have are able to use an EPROM chip or not, but if you can, it would be a great way to go. Definitely a great option for 7gers who can use a 1g or 2g EPROM chip.
    Yup, E3 16g is going on #167. Should be back on the streets very soon. I know all about keydiver, he is a regular on the VR4 message board. I have a 6g VR4 and I run a keydiver chip as well as an SAFC.

To keep this post legit, bebopin I wish you good luck!

bump. whats up

ok....this is a simple question.....is there an i4 turbo manifold that will allow me to keep my AC on my 97gES??...i mean i live in texas and not having ac will suck.....
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

Quote Originally Posted by da1085
    ok....this is a simple question.....is there an i4 turbo manifold that will allow me to keep my AC on my 97gES??...i mean i live in texas and not having ac will suck.....
    yeha pretty much any 2g eclipse manifold you can imagine will bolt up to your 4g64. and every single one of them will alow you to keep your a/c.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the a/c compressor is between the engine and firewall on the driver side, completely out of the way of any turbo component
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah, only 8gs have issues with their A/C as it is on the front of the motor.
    7g for life!

shoot buy my evo 8 motor

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678