The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo project

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 150
    i think im gonna go for the nice mild boost because i cant afford repairs and i will also be tuning this with only my friend who im sure doesnt know half of what he claims.

i have some software to monitor my engine with my laptop but i need to buy the harness so i can hook my laptop to the ecu. where in the hell do i find this?

some people have been telling me that stock ecus can handle 10psi of boost without any intervention. does that hold true with the galant? :reelax: :reelax: :monkeypiss:

^Thats rediculous. The motor can handl 10psi if TUNED correctly. The stock ECU is not made to control boost, you will need a way to tune the car.

thats what i thought. where can i get a harness so i can plug in my laptop?

from another forum <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The factory ECU will advance the timing until it knocks with higher octane gas, and then retard one step back. Timing will adjust itself, as will fuel. Stock ECU can work for damn near any amount of boost, but when you start making good power it would be highly advised to get a system like Megasquirt where you can tune everything yourself.</div>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    To act as a logger? What software do you have? You can find OBDII cables on eBay.
    7g for life!

which one works with our 8G Galants?

nvm searched google and saw obd2 is universal after 1996

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopin64
    from another forum
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The factory ECU will advance the timing until it knocks with higher octane gas, and then retard one step back. Timing will adjust itself, as will fuel. Stock ECU can work for damn near any amount of boost, but when you start making good power it would be highly advised to get a system like Megasquirt where you can tune everything yourself.
    </div>

with the 7G, the only engine/ecu that does this is the GS motor with accompanying ECU. the sohc versions don't have a knock sensor, and thus can't do this. does the 8g have a knock sensor? didn't think it did....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    with the 7G, the only engine/ecu that does this is the GS motor with accompanying ECU. the sohc versions don't have a knock sensor, and thus can't do this. does the 8g have a knock sensor? didn't think it did....
    Sure does. All 8Gs come with them.

I have an 8th gen galant and ive run up to 12 psi with no tuning. the turbo ur using is a waste of time just get a 14b. and save up more money before u do it b/c i promise u, u will have problems.

So you have a 14b on a 2.4L? First the 14b is a bit undersized for a 2.4L. Secondly you are not tuned. Third and fourthly, you are not tuned. Running any boost at WOT will require fuel correction. Which injectors are you using? What problems are you having?
    7g for life!

i tried to finish my turbo project under 1000 not even as low as 600 and now im atleast 1700 bucks in parts but thats including my evo brembos and rotors.. i havent even started to install yet..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

ok heres what im looking at right now

Turbo: &#036;125- from 2.2L LeBaron
    Manifold: &#036;150 Custom Stainless
    Wastegate: Not sure but saw cheap ones on eBay maybe chop shop parts? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-38MM-8-...1QQcmdZViewItem
    Intercooler: Don't know which one to use. Should I mount in the engine compartment instead of the front of the car for room?
    ECU: MegaSquirt ECU
    Injectors: Cheapest I've been able to find new is &#036;85 a piece

Assuming I went with an ebay wastegate and ebay intercooler and the expensive injectors im looking at &#036;1045. I want to find cheaper injectors though. But will I be able to control the timings without a new ecu? I dont know anything about the stock one or if it will correct enough on its own.

Ok man, you are headed in the right direction but heres some tips:

450cc DSM(Eclipse/Talon/Laser) Injectors &#036;20-120:
    http://motors.search.ebay.com/dsm-in...s_W0QQfromZR40

And why do you need an external wastegate? Thats completely unnecissary, doesnt the Lebaron turbo have an internal gate? I am willing to bet that it does.

Megasquirt is an awesome way to go if you are willing to learn how to use it.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Ok man, you are headed in the right direction but heres some tips:

450cc DSM(Eclipse/Talon/Laser) Injectors &#036;20-120:
    http://motors.search.ebay.com/dsm-in...s_W0QQfromZR40

And why do you need an external wastegate? Thats completely unnecissary, doesnt the Lebaron turbo have an internal gate? I am willing to bet that it does.

Megasquirt is an awesome way to go if you are willing to learn how to use it.

what manifold are u getting for 150 ?? What engine is it for because i dont know of any for the 64

are u planning on keeping the ac if ur an i4??
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

cool so injectors will be ok for me. the lebaron is a pretty old car so i doubt it has an internal wastegate. I found these mitsu turbos on ebay that are internally wastegated but they are permanently set to 7psi. I have no problem learning how to use magasquirt (im excited to build it) but thats another &#036;250 tacked onto the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    what manifold are u getting for 150 ?? What engine is it for because i dont know of any for the 64

are u planning on keeping the ac if ur an i4??
    the manifold is being custom built for my car.

i would suggest a mitsu turbo -- but thats me.. A custome built manifold for 150 is great.. U need to get the turbo flange unless ur welding straight to the manifod. Also if that cost 250 for mega squirt y dont u just get the emanage blue used for 200 something ???

im not really set on the lebaron turbo or anything. ill try and find a good internally wastegated turbo on ebay. any suggestions on a good one for this engine size? also i found calculator this on the megasquirt site and it said with 10psi my car at redline would put out about 250hp. that seems steep but the thing seems to work perfectly with the suburban, e320, and the stock galant. I put in bore, stroke, fuel:air, and volumetric effeciancy for each car and it read the exact hp it was supposed to. then i put the galant back in and added 67% effeciency turbo and intercooler, set 10psi boost and it said 250hp at 6000.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast