The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo project

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 150
    i know that in the uncommon occurances of things breaking i will be able to fix it but my dad will have none of that. im trying to get a job so i can afford either gas or insurance a seperate car. until then im going to put together a sort of "packet" explaining how the turbo install would happen what it would take how much it would cost. my best bet is just to have an intellegable clear explanation of everything it would entail.

i bought this civic for 900 bucks and its a 95,

and it had a jdm d15b in it. t get 35 mpg, 15 bucks fills the tank and it will last over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by bebopin64
    i know that in the uncommon occurances of things breaking i will be able to fix it but my dad will have none of that. im trying to get a job so i can afford either gas or insurance a seperate car. until then im going to put together a sort of "packet" explaining how the turbo install would happen what it would take how much it would cost. my best bet is just to have an intellegable clear explanation of everything it would entail.

its also a 2 door though so insurance will be much higher. i mean what i can do for the g is just do 1 day installs until i get to college and then i can install a turbo. what are some good 1 day n/a installs for some good power?

its also a 2 door though so insurance will be much higher. i mean what i can do for the g is just do 1 day installs until i get to college and then i can install a turbo. what are some good 1 day n/a installs for some good power?
    headswap

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

what do i need to modify for the dohc headswap to fit?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    headswap

ditto.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

am i the only one who sees how wrong it is to encourage a kid in high school to turbo his car when his dad has to pay for his gas?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thats why I told him to get a job
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    am i the only one who sees how wrong it is to encourage a kid in high school to turbo his car when his dad has to pay for his gas?
    its not like he is worried or at all influenced by the price of things. hes more interested in me not being happy. I believe that his thought process is that "cool car"="doing drugs". why else would he spend $11,000 on a crappy 8g galant? i could have had a tits vr-4. the whole car deciding process was like this: i told him cars that i liked, we test drove cars, i kept saying "that one is nice", then when we got to a car that i said "i dont really like this one" we pay and leave. he puts so much gas through his big old suburban, gas isnt really a factor. im not even joking though, he believes that a good car means i will be popular and do drugs.

Experienced TGC Member
    I highly suggest you get a job. A good one at that.

I had a job that payed $12/hour, and even then my project took well over a year to get off the ground.

ok good news for me. turbo install is back on for january. thinking b16.

i was thinking of 2 ways i could mount the intercooler. i could use position 1 like in the subaru sti or i could put it where the filter box used to be once its gone like 2.

Damn could i get a dad to give me $$?

i wonder if i could skip the whole intercooler. i could attach the radiator to a cooling system right before the air goes into the engine. it could be similar to water cooling on the r/c boats i used to build. it wouldnt be as efficient as an intercooler but it would be cheaper, smaller, and lighter.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i wonder if i could skip the whole intercooler. i could attach the radiator to a cooling system right before the air goes into the engine. it could be similar to water cooling on the r/c boats i used to build. it wouldnt be as efficient as an intercooler but it would be cheaper, smaller, and lighter.
    you could run water or meth injection, which would allow you to ditch the whole intercooler method. short of those two, you NEED an intercooler. there's a reason why everyone with a turbo runs one of the 3 previously mentioned ideas.

oh yeah and there's that guy with the turboed 240 with no intercooler that someone posted on here a year ago that blew his engine a week later. so technically, you can run it without an intercooler....for a week.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

water cooling seems dangerous though because if a hose comes off the engine could blow up. if a hose comes off the intercooler i just loose boost. so do you think i should mount the intercooler sti style or where the air box was? i cant easily get one in the front bumper and i dont want to cut things.

Attaching the radiator to a "cooling" device to cool the air off a turbo is not a good idea. Have you ever opened your radiator as soon as your done driving your car? At idle the coolant is 210*, thats not "cool" by any means.

They do make water to air coolers that you could use in place of an intercooler...but an FMIC is by far the cheapest and easiest to maintain.

Check out: http://www.pwr-performance.com/intercooler.htm

Why dont you want to run an intercooler?
    7g for life!

my problem is space in the front bumper. thats why im thinking forget fmic and mount it in the engine compartment.

What makes your ca rdifferent then any other 7g/8g?
    7g for life!

my problem is space in the front bumper. thats why im thinking forget fmic and mount it in the engine compartment.
    ur gonna have way less space in the engine compartment than in the from bumper for an intercooler...

actually why are we even entertaining this? go do some research then make a decision on if ur gonna b able to do this or not... u don't have any idea what this is going to involve or how much it's going to cost (u may think u do but u have no idea). if ur gonna do something, do it right or don't do it... cutting corners and turboing ur car are not ideas that live well together; ur just gonna end up w/ a broken car. if you don't want to research, just pay somebody to do this for u. if u think u can do it urself to save, then u'd better have somebody w/ experience holding ur hand cuz right now u are talking about breaking ur car, and that will cost u more than ur daddy will want to take carre of... can u buy another car on ur own right now to drive since this one will b out of commission and will need repairs often (don;t kid urself, ur car will not b as reliable as stock unless u do a spectacular install and an even better tune)? if the answer is no, then don't attempt to turbo ur car.

actually whenever i take on a task i do huge amounts of research. this is my research stage right now, i have read articles and here i am talking with other people that have done this before or know about it (tgc). i will know how to do it and have everything planned out by the time the install happens. are there any intercoolers that fit the fron bumper without cutting? i am expecting to spend $800-$1g. i think that is a fairly accurate projection. dont think im taking this lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    What makes your ca rdifferent then any other 7g/8g?
    im trying not to do any cutting of the body.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast