The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just bought a 2002 Galant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    Lachrymologist

Just bought a 2002 Galant.

Hey guys. As the title states, I just recently bought a 2002 Galant. I'm already having some problems with the rotors. I posted about that over in the wheels and brakes forum. I understand that brake problems, especially with the rotors, are common but my question here is what are the other top most common problems with 2002 Galants? I want to know what to keep my eyes open for. By the way, I know nothing about cars. I'm a 21 year old female and this Galant is my first car ever.

welcome to TGC

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Just bought a 2002 Galant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lachrymologist)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm a 21 year old female and this Galant is my first car ever.</div>

We have another female member on the board.... Welcome

Well our cars really don't have any major problems.... if u take care of it... u should be fine.... Regular maintence and such.... Unless ur Car is Black.... u might have the cancer disease

i'd just start reading posts that are in this forum. they're dedicated to problems with the 8g. after a couple of pages, you'll see what repeats and what doesn't.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Welcome!

If you have a 4cyl you may want to keep an eye on your intake manifold where your throttle body is they tend to break sometimes.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Lachrymologist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Unless ur Car is Black.... u might have the cancer disease</div>

Ummm....huh?

pinoyesv6 I drive an automatic and I've noticed that most posts, at least so far, are pertaining to problems with standards.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lachrymologist)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Unless ur Car is Black.... u might have the cancer disease</div>

Ummm....huh?</div>

i think he is talking about the oxidation problem with factory black paint.

Nothing is common if the vehicle is maintained. I never had any issues with my brakes on my 2001. Its just a matter of not abusing the car and it will treat you great in return.

We do service on lots of vehicles and the Galants we see never have any major issues. I'd recommend changing the oil at regular intervals, making sure the tires are regularly rotated and balanced, and check the brakes and alignment every 4-6 months, or more if you drive more.

Lachrymologist
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nothing is common if the vehicle is maintained. Â*I never had any issues with my brakes on my 2001. Â*Its just a matter of not abusing the car and it will treat you great in return.

We do service on lots of vehicles and the Galants we see never have any major issues. Â* I'd recommend changing the oil at regular intervals, making sure the tires are regularly rotated and balanced, and check the brakes and alignment every 4-6 months, or more if you drive more.</div>

Well, my car is used so I don't know how it has been maintained. It has 65k on it. I do know that the interior wasn't that well kept. If the interior says anything about how the rest of the car was maintained then I may have more problems than the norm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lachrymologist)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nothing is common if the vehicle is maintained. Â*I never had any issues with my brakes on my 2001. Â*Its just a matter of not abusing the car and it will treat you great in return.

We do service on lots of vehicles and the Galants we see never have any major issues. Â* I'd recommend changing the oil at regular intervals, making sure the tires are regularly rotated and balanced, and check the brakes and alignment every 4-6 months, or more if you drive more.</div>

Well, my car is used so I don't know how it has been maintained. It has 65k on it. I do know that the interior wasn't that well kept. If the interior says anything about how the rest of the car was maintained then I may have more problems than the norm.</div>

No, ask anyone here there are plently here that bought used and have in excess of 100k on their Galants.

Btw, Welcome to TGC!

Experienced TGC Member

[quote=o1naturalhigh][quote=Lachrymologist]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymologist
    Well, my car is used so I don't know how it has been maintained. It has 65k on it. I do know that the interior wasn't that well kept. If the interior says anything about how the rest of the car was maintained then I may have more problems than the norm.
    Trust me... U'll know if ur car was mistreated.... How does it run? Does the transmission shift smoothly.... Just to be on the safe side i would change out all the fluids

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    welcome to the site

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Unless ur Car is Black.... u might have the cancer disease
    Ummm....huh?

pinoyesv6 I drive an automatic and I've noticed that most posts, at least so far, are pertaining to problems with standards.

not true. 99% of 8g's in the us are automatics.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    :WaveHands:

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Well, my car is used so I don't know how it has been maintained. It has 65k on it.
    time to get the timing done...if not yet...

I just hope you didn't get ripped off by buying a car that gotten flooded out in the hurricane last year with you being from LA and all

Lachrymologist
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd24
    I just hope you didn't get ripped off by buying a car that gotten flooded out in the hurricane last year with you being from LA and all
    I doubt it. Isn't water damage bad enough that it is noticeable and irreparable?

time to get the timing done...if not yet...
    I already had it done. Thanks for the reminder though.

welcome to TGC

and like the others said if you keep your G maintained it will work great
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Experienced TGC Member
    where in louisiana are you???

I was from mississippi down in Pearl River County, was over in Bogalusa and Franklinton all the time...
    -Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast