The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: White HVAC

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    rr

White HVAC

Anybody have this installed in the car?
    How does it look....is it good?

I had them for a short time, they were stickers.... :pukey:

Since I am redoing my console I will probably get another set, this time I will go with the actual replacements. I found a guy who can get them in any color with any color backlighting! I just can't find his contact info. I think it is at home.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

TGC Regular
    Yeah i got mine from importintelligence.com...heres a pic..

Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

rr
    Is it glow like the gauge or it is using the same backlight?
    Is it hard to install it?
    Thanks

TGC Regular
    No it doesnt glow like your regular indiglo gauges would cause its only stickers so you still have the same backlight. Although that would be cool if they made indiglo HVACs. But its easy to install.....

To install ---> You have to take off your dash trim starting from the trim around the shifter. Then unscrew the 2 screws to remove the trim around the radio, HVAC etc. Next slip the HVAC gauges over the knobs (i tried to pull the knobs off but i couldnt) Then just put the stickers on the gauges the same way as you would put a decal on your window or something. I used windex and a small squigie. Then let dry and slip back over the knobs. Replace the trim . And BAM!!! Your done!!!!

nvthisgalant
    i had got some HVAC controls too, but i couldn't put them on. i thought you had to take off the controls, but i couldn't, but thanks for the tip. i haven't tried taking the whole thing off.

TGC Regular
    Yeah thats the only way i could do it...i dont think the knobs come off

I took the knobs off. They come off from behind, you have to pinch them from behind and they pop right off.

BTW, mine are silver

TGC Regular
    Really?? I never thought of looking behind the knobs

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    u can just pull them off...my knobs just pull off
    7g for life!

nvthisgalant
    damn it, i still can't put my hvac controls on. i tried taking off the 2 screws where the shifter is, then i pulled the console completely off where the controls are and i still can't get them on. i tried to pinch them from behind to and still nothing. and i can't pull the knobs off either.

MitsuMan
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    ...my knobs just pull off

ummm.................. :shock:

u have to take out the area where the knobs are connected, there are some screws there. It won't come all the way out cuz it's connected for the thing that flips from floor/mid/defrost, but you can angle it so you can get the shaft of the knobs. Look in the back, you have to pinch the plastic on the back tip of the knobs and pull

TGC Regular
    ok i guess there re a couple of ways to install them....heres how i did it.....took off the dash etc....but i noticed that the gauges were like glued but not by much. Once i got them loose they just slipped over the knobs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    im serious mine just pulled off! i put a little bit of pressure to em but i pulled off one. didnt make any crack noise or anything and it just popped right back on. i dunno what u guys are doin
    7g for life!

nvthisgalant
    i can't slide mine off, because they will break. i tried taking them off by pulling them over the control, but it didn't work. i will try what jesse said. thanks AGAIN.