The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: galant or lancer??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35
    vince31324

galant or lancer??

what should i get in a few months a galant or lancer?? and why?
    what one got the other aint?

the lancer has a manual tranny, the galant don't

the lancer is cheaper, the galant isn't

the lancer doesn't have ABS (in the US), most galants do

the lancer will get better aftermarket support than the galant

the lancer is smaller than the galant

the lancer is slower (stock) than the galant

the lancer doesn't come in a v6 platform

o yea im talking about the current ES LS OZ rally edition lancers...the evo is another story

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

If you can wait until next year, they will release a version of the Lancer with the 2.4 liter engine with about 170 hp. They wanted to fill the gap between the OZ and the Evo.

-Mohammad

toc8g
    Check out these dyno Results made by AEM

3G Eclipse GS(4G64SOHC same as I-4 Galant) AEM Dyno

Lancer AEM Dyno

Senior TGC Member
    I'd get neither at this point The new generation Galant is coming out in about a year give or take a few months, and I'd rather settle for the Evo than a regular Lancer
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Supernova
    Galant over Lancer anyday. Galants look better, way better IMO. Evo. of course i'd get the Evo. But that will never happen....

Btw.... whats a CAS?

Senior TGC Member
    another wording for CAI I'd be willing to believe...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

toc8g
    Cold Air System

should i also mention that the autmatic lancer doesn't have a cai

toc8g
    Why don't they?

the lancer is a much better car all around.
    stronger, better built, handles better, blah blah blah.
    just 'cause it isnt as powerful really has no bearing on if its a better car or not.

toc8g
    So if any of you guys have cared to look at AEM's dyno result you would see they have the OZ lancer creating more hp then the I-4 3G Eclipse. What are your thoughts on that?

My coworker has the Lancer and she says it's gutless, lol. I think the Galant is nice b/c I like the extra room and power, hehe. And the Lancer only handles better b/c of it's size. BTW, the OZ trim is a joke.

As for the graphs, uh..... the difference of 2 HP really doesn't say too much. However, if I had to explain that difference, I'd say the Lancer had a bigger gain from the AEM intake b/c of the poorer stock design to begin with so hence more gain when you replace that part. That's just my stab at an explaination and has no bearing on actual facts, lol.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    My coworker has the Lancer and she says it's gutless, lol. I think the Galant is nice b/c I like the extra room and power, hehe. And the Lancer only handles better b/c of it's size. BTW, the OZ trim is a joke.

As for the graphs, uh..... the difference of 2 HP really doesn't say too much. However, if I had to explain that difference, I'd say the Lancer had a bigger gain from the AEM intake b/c of the poorer stock design to begin with so hence more gain when you replace that part. That's just my stab at an explaination and has no bearing on actual facts, lol.
    i dunno, the lancer's oem intake has a better design IMO. i mean it starts off with a funnel. like ours but instead of going down and around like ours, it goes str8 to the airbox, which is next to the valve cover then str8 to the TB. better design but maybe its a lil warmer cuz its close to the engine.

what im wondering is what kinda tranny was in that GS. I mean i know the OZ was a manual since the auto can't use a CAI. i mean if it was a GS i can see why there was the power graph like that since the auto tranny isnt' as efficient as the manual in the eclipse's case

good points but I was just comparing the differences btwn stock and with CAI and made that deduction on the gains compared to itself. And the comment on the OZ level Lancer is b/c it does absolutely nothing for performance and it's just cosmetics.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

toc8g
    See,.. the only thing I think of as to why the GS did so poorly is because 1. the GS was Automatic, 2. The GS was a Cali Spec,...I mean I am sure the Lancer was also but it had a m/t to its benifit. I think if you had a Fed Spec Galant that was a I-4 even a/t or a Fed spec GS with m/t or a/t it would have beem a different story. Thes reason I know for a fact the CAli spec manifold and pre cat make such a big difference is 1. I have personal experiance driving both. 2. I got beat(stock) by a completly stock Fed Spec Galant by about 2 cars and also by another Fed spec with a filter and muffler by 3 cars. So yes thats why I feel the Cali spec exhaust manifold and pre cat is a serious handicap. Other then that the engines are identical.

Gspeedvr42k1
    The lancer (AUTO) is .5 seconds faster if u go stock to stock on a lancer and galant. and the Manual is .7 faster. [Power to Wait Ratio]

my friends stock 5spd lancer would shit on my i4 everytime, even tho i kill him off the line, hehe. But then he would just blow by...

Jeff
    my sister just got the 2k3 lancer a/t and i have my 2k1 galant...I smoke her everytime...and i have nothing done under the hood yet...in comparison, the only thing i like about her car more than mine is the fact that their corners come clear from the factory...pissed me off. personally, the rest of the car is ugly and weak.

Tiptronic
    ultimately, the lancer

EvoLuTioN
    Buy Me
    <---------------

Smoke All...

Technically not me... I'm the 5th Generation... but my older brother's a badass too... hehe...

One...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast