The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil lights been coming on **fixed**

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Goog luck .

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    It's really not that hard. Just jack the car up on & put your stands underboth sides and the slide your way up the center just past the oil pan. you'll see it with the little plug coming right off of it. I think that there is a pic of it on www.club3g.com if you search in the "gauge install" section.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Goog luck .
    'ppreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    It's really not that hard. Just jack the car up on & put your stands underboth sides and the slide your way up the center just past the oil pan. you'll see it with the little plug coming right off of it. I think that there is a pic of it on www.club3g.com if you search in the "gauge install" section.
    okay I kinda found some stuff on it there. And I am seeing that a regular wrench wont let me do it so I should try and get the oil pressure sender from auto zone where I can rent the tool. So basically, unplug the old one, remove it, install the new one, and plug it in?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Thats correct!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

well went to my local dealership yesterday to pick up a new oil pressure switch cause I was told I was better of getting the one they sell. They didn't have any instock. I decided to take a trip to the only shop near where I live, the only place that can lift my car up today. I was also told that oil would come out when the pressure switch was removed (not true, I found out today) so I figured get the switch and the oil change done at the same time. Anyways long story short it was replaced and the light is no longer coming on. And I was only charged 5 bucks for the install to be done. And it's a good thing I brought it in, there is no way that I would have gotten to it in front of my house
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

cool I think my dad has that part he has just yet to install it

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Mine used to come on VERY predictably... On a specific turn and everytime at a specific stop sign. I think I may have just pushed up on the wire when looking at & troubleshooting. then, I never had it happen again.

I think that for the most part, it's the wire and not the sender. I'd check that before going thru the efort/expense of changing a sender which may not be bad anyways. I wonder if the factory service manual has a method for you to test the sender itself (thinking out loud).

Edit: Just checked and the manual does not have a method to check the oil pressure switch itself (other than normal operation). Check the wire/connector 1st...

For the 2.4, Autozone has 2 switches available (different manufacturers)... $3.99 and $9.99. No sense in spending any more than that on a replacement (if you have to).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12