The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Creeking/Grinding from engine bay...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Creeking/Grinding from engine bay...

Well the other day i noticed that there was a creeking/grinding sound coming from my engine bay. i thought at first it only happened when turning so i was thinking power steering but i checked the fluids and it wasnt too low at all. and then today i started to drive it and it happened while going straight. i figure it has something to do with the suspension cause it happens more while on bumpy roads. ive always heard a quiet screach type sound when hitting some bumps but i always thought it was my hood cause it is a little bent kinda i think . but this is a much louder creepy/grind sound. anybody have any idea? the ride is not extra bumpy or anything
    7g for life!

denver thinks it may have to do something with the control arms...anyone else have any ideas?
    7g for life!

asalem97
    I've had the same exact problem for 2 weeks. Brought it to my mechanic yestrday and he said it was the lower ball joint. Well in case you didn't know Mitsubishi recalled it last year. So I called up Mitsu told them my VIN and I have an appointment to replace it Tuesday free of charge. Most likely its the same for you so go ahead and give Mitsu a call and get it fixed for free.

sweeet. i just noticed that it was happening on the passenger side only. not for sure if its the same thing but i think its quieted down a bit from the other day.

will they still replace it since i have a CAI and what not?
    7g for life!

alright drove it some more and figured the hood wasnt causing it to make ALL the noise(only the normal quiet creek sometimes) but when i sat on the front passenger side and kinda bounced up and down it made the noise. anyone know the exact problem? or anyway that may fix it?
    7g for life!