The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unusualy designed power window mechanism broke

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    As I went to work last night went through the gate on base rolled the window down to show them my id go to close my window and nothing happens. come to find out that the braided cable that moves the window was completly broke in two. After completly dissasembling the door I can now roll my window up or down by hand but I have o use a screw driver to hold the window up. Has this happened to anyone else cause it kinda blows cause it was poring today. not to mention that I stabed my finger and needed 3 stitches while trying to get the window up. wow today was fun :x :Fuckyou:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    that sucks man.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You need a new window regulator. The window motor reels in and out those cables to move the window glass up or down.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

It's been awhile but I ordered mine from a common/online Mitsubishi parts place, that someone on this forum linked me to. I previously ordered one from Carparts.com and it wasn't gonna work without some modification.

But, I sent hat back and ordered from the other place... Don Reese maybe? Anyways, cheaper than the local dealers and I was able to replace the regulator in about 30 minutes.

Had a piece of wood in there holding my window up, until it arrived. No way to fix that cable... have to replace everything, including the working motor.

Good luck.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...mp;model=Galant

I heard that that site was pretty good, although I'd never used it myself...

had to replace my drivers side once, the cable broke so the whole complete motor was replaced. was like somewhere arroujd 100 bucks
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

&#036;170 at the dealership

try http://www.donherring.com and ask for gary evans if he is still there... he always hooks us up on good prices.

Here's where I got mine.... It says Rey Reece Mitsubishi, but I guess it really is trademotion.com. Don Herring also help me out when I was replacing my engine/tranny mounts. Gary wasn't there but the other guy did hook me up with the Internet price, which is far less than the counter price. None of the other local dealers would even price match them. Make sure and see what the Internet price is, before calling them (just in case).

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...mp;model=Galant