The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Steering wheel replacement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    Well i got my eclipse black steering wheel now and am going to put it on this weekend. does anyone know if i "HAVE" to have the steering wheel puller tool or can i get it off without it?? any help would be great. thanx
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB
    U.S ARMY...THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

i just yanked mine off... no problems... of course you have to take all the other stuff off first....

cool i figured that was the case but i just wanted to be sure before i started tearing stuff off
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

there should be diy on this.. :-/

Post some pics when your done, would be nice to see this. Are you keeping the air bag since you are using the Eclipse wheel?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ya I too would like to see how this works out.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

yep thats why i went with the eclipse wheel so i could keep the airbag...plugs right in, cant wait to get it finished up...got the seatbelts too so now all i need is to find the black premolded carpet (which doesnt seem like its ever going to happen :( ) and get the seats redone i will post up pics as soon as i get everything in
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

i got a eclipse hub, will that work on the 8g?

are you trying to use it to put on an aftermarket steering wheel??? if so then yeah i would imagine so since the eclipse stock steering wheel fits on the galant.
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

yea rite, that wut i thought but i was told that i would need a mirage hub and when i looked at the part number for both the mirage hub and eclipse hub they ended up bein differetn part numbers so i got a lil confused but havent tryed it out yet

well ok i dunno about the hub but here is a 3g steering wheel installed on my galant:

so far i like the feel of the eclipse wheel better, cant wait to go for a longer drive than just around the block lol

so if the hub isnt for a 3g eclipse than maybe thats why it doesnt fit.

i also have a yellow and black leather steering wheel wrap that i will be putting on soon too
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I'm feelin that!!! I wonder if the EVO wheel fits?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Coming along nicely, I am also going to do my interior in black/silver/grey, almost like you, except silver instead of yellow, and I want to keep some grey in there. I figure if I theme it that way I can leave grey carpeting and it won't stand out so badly.

looks great, no i havent tryed it but if the wheel fits than im guessing the hub will fit too, thanks , keep up the good work

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    and it's a direct replacement? with cruise control and all?

Experienced TGC Member
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    and it's a direct replacement? with cruise control and all?
    the only thing you have to do for the cruise control is cut out the hole in the plastic in the back(unless the eclipse you get it from had cruise) and find 3 mounting screws for the knob. i just used some screws i had lyeing around. screwed it right into the aluminium housing of the steering wheel no big deal.
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    I'm feelin that!!! I wonder if the EVO wheel fits?
    the evo wheel fits but have you seen the prices for them?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice bro i like it a lot any problems with the black paint on the doors etc? i like the yellow and i like how you even got all the details for the little indications in the white paint good job cant wait to see the finished project as for the carpet you could always glue and staple new black carpet over the existing old one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast