The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Steering wheel replacement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    nice bro i like it a lot any problems with the black paint on the doors etc? i like the yellow and i like how you even got all the details for the little indications in the white paint good job cant wait to see the finished project as for the carpet you could always glue and staple new black carpet over the existing old one
    well actually i am not really feeling the glossy black so i am probably going to end up changing it to a flat black instead. as far as chipping or scratching the only problem i am having is on the arm rest, it is rubbing off a bit from the seatbelt but as soon as i can figure out how to cover that with suede that wont be a problem anymore :) thanx for all the complements
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB
    U.S ARMY...THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

So if you use the 3rd gen Eclipse steering wheel, which is OEM, can you use the airbag module from the Galant wheel?
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Quote Originally Posted by proteusx301
    So if you use the 3rd gen Eclipse steering wheel, which is OEM, can you use the airbag module from the Galant wheel?
    good point...im sure you probably can but i didnt even try to take that piece apart as the steering wheel i bought came with the airbag module allready attached to the wheel
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    nice. i replaced mine quite a while back.. pretty good job

Quote Originally Posted by silveresv6
    good point...im sure you probably can but i didnt even try to take that piece apart as the steering wheel i bought came with the airbag module allready attached to the wheel
    just out of curiosity, where did you get the steering wheel with the airbag already attached?
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

i wonder if the airbag still works...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    If its plugged in, I don't see no reason it wouldn't work.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by proteusx301
    just out of curiosity, where did you get the steering wheel with the airbag already attached?
    i went on over to the 3g website and just posted up a request for the wheel w/airbag and also got front and rear black seatbelts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    If its plugged in, I don't see no reason it wouldn't work.
    i agree. dont see why it wouldnt...no different than wondering if my own airbag that i removed would work i guess
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

Calipso
    How much did you pay for the steering wheel w/airbag? I'm currently in search of black seat belts and black steering wheel from a 3G. :(

i was thinking that maybe the airbags worked on diffferent voltages. but i guess if the srs light doesn't come on and the air bag hasn't blown up in your face at random, then i guess it might work.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i was thinking that maybe the airbags worked on diffferent voltages. but i guess if the srs light doesn't come on and the air bag hasn't blown up in your face at random, then i guess it might work.

nope no srs light and no random blows yet lol as for the voltages, there is none listed on the bags themselves so since they just plugged right in i figured everything was cool.

P.S. as for changing out the actual modules from one wheel to the other, its not possible. the bag is built into the wheel piece and you can't take it apart.

01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12