The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: another question

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    are the mounting points for the 00-01 the same as the 02-03?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Mounting points for what exactly?

Experienced TGC Member
    the bumper maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Mounting points for what exactly?
    x2
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

the grill... sorry ...

I may be wrong but I think the holes for the 99-2001 are still there for the 02-03 and the small grills use some of them.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

the reason im asking is because bodykits.com have 2 versions of the cyber2 kit, the original bumper that go's up to the grill and the 2nd one where you can keep your chrome 00-01 grill...

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    and you want the 00-01 grill, right??

i bought the cyber 2 rear and sides and im having probs putting the rear on? does anyone have a cyber 2 kit on an 02 or any ideas on how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    the reason im asking is because bodykits.com have 2 versions of the cyber2 kit, the original bumper that go's up to the grill and the 2nd one where you can keep your chrome 00-01 grill...
    the 2 versions are a JDM version and a USM verizon. The JDM verizon is the one that doesn't use the stock grille. The USDM one fits 1 to 1 like the stock bumper if I am not mistaken, and allows you to keep the stock crash bar intact. The JDM version I have on my car and I had to have a custom crash bar made to fit behind the bumper. If you have any questions regarding the USDM Cyber 2 kit, Galantkev99 has it on his car and dzulboytoy had it that bumper on his car

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    i bought the cyber 2 rear and sides and im having probs putting the rear on? does anyone have a cyber 2 kit on an 02 or any ideas on how to do this?
    what't the problem with the rear and the sides install? It shouldn't matter if its a 99 or an 03. The rear and the sides of all 8th generations are the same.
    as far as the install for the front bumper Dzulboytoy has an 03 I believe with the cyber 2 kit. He doesn't post much, but I am sure his son Mattalicslvr028g will see this post soon enough and be able to offer some assistance
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

well bodykits.com is located 2min away from my work so i went there for lunch to check it out... i ask the lady to show me what they have in stock she go's to the website (bodykits.com) and shows me Pix item# all that on the invoice it says "99-03 mitsubishi galant cyber style rear lip" this is the pix for it

i go home open up the box and this was in it...

the lip looks ok i kinda like it but it won't fit right (thinking its IS for the galant) so now im thinking who ever got the item just grabed the wrong one, or am wrong? the only "lip" they have was supposed to be that first one yet i have this one? what should i do guyz? and going back to the sight i just realized that i have the cyber 1 skirts....

yeah those are cyber 1 skirts. As the rear. If I am not mistaken, that's a cyber 1 rear in the pic. The piece you purchased from them is a rear lip that attaches to the stock bumper. I believe Skillz911 has it on his car. I am gonna search and see if I can find some pics to confirm

I found the above pics. Only difference is this has a cutout for dual exhaust

Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

i like em both, but i do like the cyber 1 kit better i looks like the erubuni rear wich is nice and simple, as long as the lip i have now should fit then im ok, when i held the lip up to the rear and try to put it on their were gaps and it was already tight?

there is a whole lot of difference.... if you look between the muffler that looks different from mine, mine has more shape, his is nice and round, its noticable you can see it from the side...

hey bro this is a while rear bumper not just a lip, so if the lady said thats the lip she doesnt kno wtf shes talkin bout picture wise maybe, you did indeed get a lip thought, and FYI to make that lip fit you will have to cut it in half in the middle then fiberglass the missing inches to make it look once peice agian...check out kalmidad he has that rear..Skillz911 is JDM i belive
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    hey bro this is a while rear bumper not just a lip, so if the lady said thats the lip she doesnt kno wtf shes talkin bout picture wise maybe, you did indeed get a lip thought, and FYI to make that lip fit you will have to cut it in half in the middle then fiberglass the missing inches to make it look once peice agian...check out kalmidad he has that rear..Skillz911 is JDM i belive
    i know its a whole rear the only reason why i say its a lip is cuz the site shows that lip under "rear lip" i think they just fuk up on the pix here are some pix with the lip barely on...

there is a roof that go's over the muffler that hits my rear bumber making it look short this is about as high as it gets where the muffler is....

here are some of the gaps...

this is the other side, ance since it's already wrap around so tight the only way i can slide this thing up is by scratching the paint...

and if this lip was made for JDM it would be too short right? like this...
    so i would have to cut and FB it right?

more gaps!!!

didn't think it would be this comp, i thought i would just slide right in?.... i havent even tryed to put on the sides!!!! are those gunna be a bitch too?

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    the FBI recieved the crux style rear lip. originally made for the legnum. legnum galant, you got to remember that the jdm bumpers are a different shape than the usdm bumpers.

the bumper pictured is the evo v style rear bumper

and skillz rear lip is a modified version of the 8g svr4 rear lips.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

so if cut and FG i should fit right? how to i FB the missing inches?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    its not so hard but you do have to have some experience in fiberglassing and molding or whatever. If you dont think you can do it, maybe you can take it to a body shop and have them do it.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

where can i get some FG? would walmart have it?

well i made the cut down the middle, but it still seems it needs some more mods to it, it still don't hug the sides well? i havent been able to get a hold of kalmidad has anyone heard from him lately?