The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: small acceleration problem

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    ok for a little while now i have had this problem where as im coming out of the drive way and about to turn the at the top of the street my galant seems to hesitate before going, it feels like the tires are spinning but it seems different some how and then today on my way out just before i passed our van on the way out my galant felt like it was sputtering and it seemed like it was about to die on me,i hope yall can understand what im talking, i just recently did an oil change and the part where it hesitate before was happening before i did the oil change(also sorry if its kinda hard to understand what im saying its 7am here and im at school) so if anyone has any ideas please let me know and thanks in advance for any help/advice.
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Luke...does it feel tranny related or engine related? :-?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    It sounds like you need to check you cap/rotor, plugs, and wires to see if any of them are going bad. Oh and also check the valve cover gasket.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Exactly! Wouldnt hurt to do a quick tuneup: New plugs/wires/cap-n-rotor for the Distributor. More then likely the "sputter" is a misfire related to worn ignition parts.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    WERD!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Exactly! Wouldnt hurt to do a quick tuneup: New plugs/wires/cap-n-rotor for the Distributor. More then likely the "sputter" is a misfire related to worn ignition parts.
    i guess i better start saving then i just gotta pray that it doesnt break down on me

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Luke...does it feel tranny related or engine related? :-?
    im not real sure
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Hmmm.....start with a tune up. $60-$70 should cover what you need for a tune up:

-New distributor cap and rotor (You can get away with aftermarket cap..but I would go with a OEM rotor)
    -New spark plugs (NGK)
    -Spark plug wires (Good opportunity to upgrade to maybe NGK blue)
    -Fuel injector cleaner
    -Clean the throttle body
    -Change the air filter if needed

See what a tune up results to. If it improves or solves your problem..then you are fine. If problem exist....you need to determine if its engine or tranny related.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Hmmm.....start with a tune up. $60-$70 should cover what you need for a tune up:

-New distributor cap and rotor (You can get away with aftermarket cap..but I would go with a OEM rotor)
    -New spark plugs (NGK)
    -Spark plug wires (Good opportunity to upgrade to maybe NGK blue)
    -Fuel injector cleaner
    -Clean the throttle body
    -Change the air filter if needed

See what a tune up results to. If it improves or solves your problem..then you are fine. If problem exist....you need to determine if its engine or tranny related.
    ok thanks for the advice im gonna start saving up the money to get that stuff done now and i will update when needed or if it happens again but differenly some how
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511