The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another HID question

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    I have a set of 6000k HIDs in my stock housings. I have never had anyone flash me for them. I have had people I know drive head on and in front of me and they all said my lights are not too bright. I know I do have my lights aimed lower than the I did with the stock bulbs and I can still see twice as far. I know many people say that you should not use HIDs with out projectors so here is my question. Did any cars ever come with HIDs without projectors? I ask because my Sister has an 05 Toyota Sienna with factory HIDs. When I looked at the headlights I did not see a projector. In fact the headlight looks just like the 8th gen heads. It has the little shield thing that goes over the bulb, but no projector that I can tell. Did the old Lincoln Mark VIII have projectors as well as the Olds Bravadas?
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

Thats funny you said that. I was thinkin the same thing. As i was reading your thread the Sienna popped in my head and then you said your sister had it. Thats really the only one that comes to mind. But the thing with the Sienna headlight is that the little piece that covers the bulb adjusts up and down so Im sure that has something to do with it not needing projectors from scattering light all over.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

I could have sworn that I have seen many cars without projectors but running HID's I think I saw a Navigator running em and if I am not mistaken I have seen other cars from teh factory running em?? Correct me if I am wrong.

Im sure there are alot of others. The Sienna is the first one that came to my mind because Ive seen it around a lot before. But i dont doubt the Navigator has HIDs without projectors. Actually im sure the first generation Lexus IS came with HIDs and no projectors.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

the lexus gs too and some of the mersades too

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Quote Originally Posted by ChuloMxcn
    Im sure there are alot of others. The Sienna is the first one that came to my mind because Ive seen it around a lot before. But i dont doubt the Navigator has HIDs without projectors. Actually im sure the first generation Lexus IS came with HIDs and no projectors.
    So the next question is do these cars all suffer from bad light scatter with HIDs and no projectors? Im going to have my sister park her van beside a wall and see how much the light scatters.

Most late 90's and up Ac's also have factory HIDs with reflector type headlights.

You dont need projectors to have HID, but anytime you see HIDs in reflector headlamps, the reflectors are specially designed to account for the length of the HID bulbs compared to regular halogen bulbs. The longer bulb affects the angles atwhich light can reflect outa the headlamp... some physics shit that I cant completely recall. Thas why if you take a stock car put and HID kit on one side the HID will disperse light on a wider vertical angle

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

i could write a book but this guy allready has so here u go:

http://importcartalk.com/forum/index.php?P...p;topic=165.new

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    i could write a book but this guy allready has so here u go:

http://importcartalk.com/forum/index.php?P...p;topic=165.new
    Nice find Reelax!!! Very detailed info!!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

DAMNNN, in that link, the lights on that benz in the last pic are SERIOUS

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    anyone reccomend any good sites with quality kits that arent too expensive? i need to get a new set for my projectors and i currentlly dont have paypal at the moment and probroblly wont for a while so i cant get the ones i had

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rollingwithdubz
    DAMNNN, in that link, the lights on that benz in the last pic are SERIOUS
    this?

nice projectors + HID. yup. pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    anyone reccomend any good sites with quality kits that arent too expensive? i need to get a new set for my projectors and i currentlly dont have paypal at the moment and probroblly wont for a while so i cant get the ones i had

thanks
    for your projectors? do u need d2s bulbs or ballasts or both? or are these aftermarket projectors needing another size bulb? try here if they are for standard d2s bulbs http://www.hidplanet.com/oem.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    this?

nice projectors + HID. yup. pretty nice!
    for your projectors? do u need d2s bulbs or ballasts or both? or are these aftermarket projectors needing another size bulb? try here if they are for standard d2s bulbs http://www.hidplanet.com/oem.html
    Yeah the lights on the Benz are crazy. Thanks for that link Reelax. A lot of info in that article.

they are from eric they take an h1 bulb so i would need a whole plug and play kit jut really need a few solid websites everything i found so far that isnt paypal only is rediculous in pricing

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    they are from eric they take an h1 bulb so i would need a whole plug and play kit jut really need a few solid websites everything i found so far that isnt paypal only is rediculous in pricing
    less than $400 no paypal still too much?:

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=1

(btw, if you are paying less than $300 for an HID conversion KIT u are getting crap.)

thanks reelax, im not afraid to spend a few dollars lol but for the same phillips kit on other sites they were looking for over $400-$500 which is a little rediculous. and anything i found other then the rediculously expensive were older style (srperate ballast and ignitor) from some no name brand
    i wish i could get the brand i did have but the only places that they are available i had found was ebay and thier website but the only way to pay would be paypal. usually you do get what you pay for but i bought that kit for somewhere between $210 and $230 had them on my car about 8 months with no problems at all

RSX-CT
    Since you all like my write-up so much:
    http://importcartalk.com/forum/index...;topic=165.new

Thought I'd let you all know that we carry everything HID, OEM or conversion kits. Our kits are as low as $180 and $250 shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-CT
    Since you all like my write-up so much:
    http://importcartalk.com/forum/index...;topic=165.new

Thought I'd let you all know that we carry everything HID, OEM or conversion kits. Our kits are as low as $180 and $250 shipped!
    yeah it was a very informative peice... i've written that much in total in numerous posts about HID, but your article had it all in one place, so i though it much better to just link to yours. thank you for writing it.

i didn't notice your store link until u posted here in ur sig, but if anyone missed it:

http://www.retro-solutions.com

:shock: .....................*runs 200 feet*.............................. :shock:

great writeup :D

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.