The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In dash video (ebay?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    good luck definatelly worth it

thats weird, I just posted this on another forum to see if they have his unit. They said it was sh!t and to save my money .......... =|
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_ripper04
    thats weird, I just posted this on another forum to see if they have his unit. They said it was sh!t and to save my money .......... =|
    man see u got coufuse now dont go around posting to other forum...few people told u here its good..just go for it

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    man see u got coufuse now dont go around posting to other forum...few people told u here its good..just go for it

I will be buying it, I am just trying to find a couple reviews on it

I am not liking this :-(

http://www.nextag.com/Jensen-In-Dash-DVD-2...12/reviews-html

also
    "This product is sweeeeeet and the only down fall is that you can't watch dvd's unless the parking break is on" wtf

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Customer-re...lReview.do#tabs

although i have never had an experience with that unit in particular i have had 2 others and they worked fine in my experience the 9410 is the best one and i have never owned it but the 9411 a freind of mine has for about a year with not one problem and a lot more features

they do sell the 9311 at a lot of circuit city's and best buys so that would probroblly be your best bet you spend an extra &#036;60 and get a 2 year warranty you just bring it in and they will swap it with a new one if tehre are any problems.

the units arent supposed to work without the parking brake engaged these people either took it somewhere that is very particular about this law or have no idea how to install a unit it can easilly be reworked i believe with the newer ones you might have to hook up a switch thats what they did for the 9411 (just acts as an engager some of the newer units out today[all brands] have a sensor that wont play if the wire is constantlly engaged [grounded] all you have to do is hook up a switch from the parking brake wire [the one you would ground off] and a ground wire a simple wire to a factory bolt or scre you can find a lot between the dash bezzle but most of the older units[all models] you just simply add that parking brake wire to a factory bolt or screw and constanly ground it [engage it]

tried to be as explanatory as possible also most of the chain stores will do a free install and they will make it work while you are driving although it isnt advisable to watch it anyway lol

i wouldnt let some opinions deter you from getting it i have read several good ones also and for the price and functions you cant beat it if you are still warry get the warranty from a chain store and even if you dont like it with the warranty you can always upgrade too and just pay the difference

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    although i have never had an experience with that unit in particular i have had 2 others and they worked fine in my experience the 9410 is the best one and i have never owned it but the 9411 a freind of mine has for about a year with not one problem and a lot more features

they do sell the 9311 at a lot of circuit city's and best buys so that would probroblly be your best bet you spend an extra &#036;60 and get a 2 year warranty you just bring it in and they will swap it with a new one if tehre are any problems.

the units arent supposed to work without the parking brake engaged these people either took it somewhere that is very particular about this law or have no idea how to install a unit it can easilly be reworked i believe with the newer ones you might have to hook up a switch thats what they did for the 9411 (just acts as an engager some of the newer units out today[all brands] have a sensor that wont play if the wire is constantlly engaged [grounded] all you have to do is hook up a switch from the parking brake wire [the one you would ground off] and a ground wire a simple wire to a factory bolt or scre you can find a lot between the dash bezzle but most of the older units[all models] you just simply add that parking brake wire to a factory bolt or screw and constanly ground it [engage it]

tried to be as explanatory as possible also most of the chain stores will do a free install and they will make it work while you are driving although it isnt advisable to watch it anyway lol

i wouldnt let some opinions deter you from getting it i have read several good ones also and for the price and functions you cant beat it if you are still warry get the warranty from a chain store and even if you dont like it with the warranty you can always upgrade too and just pay the difference
    thanks fatal

I guess I can see if someone at Best Buy will let me get there employee discount :D If not they are always sending out the 10 and 12% off coupons so hopefully that will work... I just dont think I can buy that model of ebay now with all the problems it seems to have

thanks fatal

I guess I can see if someone at Best Buy will let me get there employee discount :D If not they are always sending out the 10 and 12% off coupons so hopefully that will work... I just dont think I can buy that model of ebay now with all the problems it seems to have
    yea definatelly i have seen them go for like 400 at circuit city not sure about best buy if you need any help let me know but the best investment you can make is the warrany expecially with something like that

the parking brake thing is a safety feature... every monitor has it... all you have to do is ground the wire to a good ground source... it bypasses the "parking brake has to be on for you to watch movies" mode... but places that install professionally are bound by law to attatch that wire to the parking brake sensor

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    the parking brake thing is a safety feature... every monitor has it... all you have to do is ground the wire to a good ground source... it bypasses the "parking brake has to be on for you to watch movies" mode... but places that install professionally are bound by law to attatch that wire to the parking brake sensor

lol thats good to know. It makes me feel a tiny bit better about this monitor

should I just go with a screen then and hook up a dvd player to it or just go with the whole package?? I need some help haha

just go with the whole package get everything you want now so you dont have to do it twice

thats why i am saying to go with the jensen from experience... you could at least get &#036;50 back from your eisting dvd player not sure of the brand but im saying at least...as long as you et the warranty you are safe

I finally got around Best Buy and Circuit City and they dont have shit there. They had a total of 3 displays and none of those were Jensen. All the displays were listed at over &#036;600 too.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Jensen-7-In...roductDetail.do

you can order it and pick it up at the store still get the warrantty
    strange they dont have it at the store?

I finally got around Best Buy and Circuit City and they dont have shit there. They had a total of 3 displays and none of those were Jensen. All the displays were listed at over &#036;600 too.
    Depends on the stroe he's going to. Where I work we have all 3 jensen screens in stock and on display. As for the parking brake thing, the jensen's are a lot like alpines there's a sequence that you have to go through in order to enable the video. YOu can't just ground the parking brake wire, it will have to be hooked up to a switch in order to be able to bypass the lockout.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    Depends on the stroe he's going to. Where I work we have all 3 jensen screens in stock and on display. As for the parking brake thing, the jensen's are a lot like alpines there's a sequence that you have to go through in order to enable the video. YOu can't just ground the parking brake wire, it will have to be hooked up to a switch in order to be able to bypass the lockout.

ohh hell ya. Finally got to my local car audio shop and looked at a Dual XDVD8182 and loved it. I am going with this unit for sure. Now where to buy it haha they wanted &#036;650, I know I can find it cheaper

Looks Good Any problems or complaints about it?

Quote Originally Posted by raw0055
    Looks Good Any problems or complaints about it?

lol yep, its actually already out of my car and back to the place I bought it. SOmething is wrong with the video, even if I had my brake and E brake on the video would not show. Then I had someone install a switch so I could have video while driving and that didnt even work. BUT when the video will show up that in dash is VERY NICE and worth the money!!!

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    ive got a pioneer dvd 6.5 for sale if anyone else is interested. check the FS section

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast