The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I know what you are talking about Jigz. I read a Sport Compact Magazine article about the the guys in Japan moving their MAF sensors on the cold side of the i/c piping. This allowed them to vent to the atomosphere like what you are talking about. Though since I have researched and asked several local DSM guys about hooking the MAF the way you are talking about and they aren't sure if it would work. I didn't want to try and not sure the actual solenoid that meters the air in the MAF could withstand that setup. You would be better off with a MAFT....it allows better spool up, response, and better results from tuning a MAFT.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Idk about the stock MAF in the UICP, it seems WAY WAY too restrictive to be in an area where airflow is going to be maximized. The cool thing about the GM Maf is that theres no restriction, theres a small wire that goes across the center of the Maf and that is it.

You could hack up the stock Maf, remove the honeycomb, but it wouldnt ever function correctly as it was designed to use the honeycombs, ect.

I know one 8g guy that posted last week(red, cyber kit) as the stock MAF in the UICP and another Galant guy said that the boosted Galant was pretty slow. No clue on the setup though lol.
    7g for life!

i like the 9g maf.
    just kinda drops into the pipe.
    reminds me of the subaru meters.

i wonder how it would be in the upper intercooler pipe.
    i garuntee it flows better than any of them,

maybe once i start playing with my ostrich i'll be able to scale the maf tables for the 9g airflow meter.
    but of course,
    i'll just be running speed desnity

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

im running the 3"gm sensor on my setup because im in the process of turning my turbo so the inlet faces the passenger side since there is no need to use an intake pipe im just gonna use a 3" filter.

the other plus to setting the turbo up this way is that you can use aftermarket o2 housings and downpipes made for the eclipses and still keep your a/c you dont have to worry about getting those parts custom made... i wish i would have thought of that the for the first setup i made lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12