The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: motor mounts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    i searched and didnt find anything so if anyone can correct me please do so, i need to know where the motor mounts are located on a 1995 galant and also the transmission mount(s) if any and what they look like if posible and thanks in advance for any help/advice
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    HUH?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

motor mounts i need to know where they are exactly and if posible what they look like
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    when was the last time you looked under your hood. you should probably familiarize yourself with what's under your hood before you attempt anything major.

This is a very easy question to answer all you have to do is go outside, jack your car up and crawl under the vehicle. I'll point you in the right direction.... it's under the front of the car.

from the front with the hood popped the tranny is on the left, the mount is directly in front of it on the cross bar, then there is another just next to the fender well, passenger side.

Quote Originally Posted by luke9511
    motor mounts i need to know where they are exactly and if posible what they look like

on a 95 galant there is 1 motor mount in the front of the engine by the timming belt, 2 roll stoppers, 1 is on the crossmember by the a/c fan on the radiator and the one behind the engine by the fuel filter and the tranny one under the air filter housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    when was the last time you looked under your hood. you should probably familiarize yourself with what's under your hood before you attempt anything major.

This is a very easy question to answer all you have to do is go outside, jack your car up and crawl under the vehicle. I'll point you in the right direction.... it's under the front of the car.

from the front with the hood popped the tranny is on the left, the mount is directly in front of it on the cross bar, then there is another just next to the fender well, passenger side.
    well im more of computer geek than a car guy but i try to do both
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

i searched and didnt find anything so if anyone can correct me please do so, i need to know where the motor mounts are located on a 1995 galant and also the transmission mount(s) if any and what they look like if posible and thanks in advance for any help/advice

FYI: If you need, I have a trans mount for an Automatic, still new in the box: $25 shipped (it retails for nearly $60) P.M. me if interested.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    All the motors mounts have a circular shape to them.

*Standing in front of the car*

1. On the drivers side strut apron near the cam gear is the upper motor mount. Should be right next to the power steering reseviour.

2. If you look towards the bottom between the exhaust header and radiator you'll see the front motor mount. If you look under the car there is a bar that connects on the bottom of the radiator support to the front crossmember. The mount is bolted to this bar.

3. Towards the back of the motor near the firewall is the rear motor mount. Its bolted on the front crossmember.

4. On the passenger side of the motor bay towards near the bottom section of the passenger side strut apron is the Transmission mount. If you follow the fuse block/batter cable/ harness and trace where it leads to the firewall, it will guide you to the tranny mount.

Remember all the mounts are circular shaped and I hope this helps you locate them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

how does one not know where the engine mounts are?

don't mean to jack ur thread....does nebody else sellin motor mounts for an automatic? i need one front roll stopper and also for rear...pm me shipped to 95828 .by the way,...luke9511, i feel ur pain...but that's why tgc is for,....these people know a lot of shit!..trust me,...it wouldnt hurt if u search and search tho,...i just read a lot when im here...maybe one day i can help some newbies too,..hehe...thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ^ PM Bronxbombr.

Heres a visual if your still not sure :P
    (Dont make fun of my engine bay, its an old picture!)

And the cool red mounts I have are the Prothane inserts. If you want to be cool like me and dont mine a bit more vibration(Probably more with an Auto vs 5spd), get them!
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    ^ PM Bronxbombr.

Heres a visual if your still not sure :P
    (Dont make fun of my engine bay, its an old picture!)

And the cool red mounts I have are the Prothane inserts. If you want to be cool like me and dont mine a bit more vibration(Probably more with an Auto vs 5spd), get them!
    that helps alot thanks and thanks for all the info now i just need to get to my uncles to use his jack and jack stands
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You will need something to support or lift the motor just a bit so you can remove the replace the motor mounts. So maybe a extra jack or if you have a engine lift will do. Good Luck..you should be fine replacing them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    ^ PM Bronxbombr.

Did someone call my name?

off topic;:i think seth98esT is tellin me to pm you coz im lookin for motor mounts...so yeah?. pm me with wat you have..thnx

What product can you use on a engine mount to make it stiffer,with out buying the prothane motor mounts?

phizz2k
    Quote Originally Posted by microgalant
    What product can you use on a engine mount to make it stiffer,with out buying the prothane motor mounts?

I've used Black RTV Sillicone Adhesive, I couldn't find it in the homedepot but Autozone still sells it....

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by microgalant
    You want to use an epoxy called Window weld. You can find it at most home supply stores in the US.

http://www.levineautoparts.com/3mwinsupfasu.html
    7g for life!

small update i had my uncle check them and they are fine, so i dont know if its the motor mounts that are causing my car to idle rough when in Reverse or what
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

When I was doing my 5 speed swap,i notice that the front motor mount from a 5speed is smaller than the ones from the automatic tranny,Why?someone know why??

I just changed it and put the automatic tranny motor mount on the 5 speed tranny,and also i saw that the automatic tranny perch,at the back of the tranny,is different.
    So i cut it and just let the perch hold on 2 bolt one the gearbox instead of 3.
    Now my engine is not too tight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast