The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: who has the fastest galant?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 49 of 49
    CRH-1
    Hey SHANE, So exactly what shot are you running (is it a single fogger?) and what internals do you have done? Have you done any fuel modifacations and what have you done about retarding your timing?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CRH-1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey SHANE, So exactly what shot are you running (is it a single fogger?) and what internals do you have done? Have you done any fuel modifacations and what have you done about retarding your timing?</div>

On the system i have configured with the help of my boyz, i can run anywhere from 125-200 shot of N2O, but usually i stay at about 125-150.. Single Fogger dry system, internals consist of, JE forged rods and pistons, extrude honed, AEM fuel rail & FPR, 440cc injectors, ZEX cam w/plugs and wires, custom bored throttle body, w shorten throttle line, MSD ignition, weapon-r short ram, AEM CAI (daily use only), Custom mounted Fluidyne radiator off the 3g, Apexi S-AFC, and ITC.. As in the words of fuel, GSX fuel pump, was going to switch to the .255 Webber but blew the bitch up before i had the chance..lol..Running 50-55psi from the FRP on 93 ocatane... track using c16 only a 1/4 tank that shit is killah, $6.00 a gallon out here..the timing on my ride is only retard on the dyno, i let them deal with it. if u need more info just ask..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CRH-1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey SHANE, So exactly what shot are you running (is it a single fogger?) and what internals do you have done? Have you done any fuel modifacations and what have you done about retarding your timing?</div>

On the system i have configured with the help of my boyz, i can run anywhere from 125-200 shot of N2O, but usually i stay at about 125-150.. Single Fogger dry system, internals consist of, JE forged rods and pistons, extrude honed, AEM fuel rail & FPR, 440cc injectors, ZEX cam w/plugs and wires, custom bored throttle body, w shorten throttle line, MSD ignition, weapon-r short ram, AEM CAI (daily use only), Custom mounted Fluidyne radiator off the 3g, Apexi S-AFC, and ITC.. As in the words of fuel, GSX fuel pump, was going to switch to the .255 Webber but blew the bitch up before i had the chance..lol..Running 50-55psi from the FRP on 93 ocatane... track using c16 only a 1/4 tank that shit is killah, $6.00 a gallon out here..the timing on my ride is only retard on the dyno, i let them deal with it. if u need more info just ask..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

mark1
    where exactly did you get the cam from zex from. i wasnt aware that they offered a replacement camshaft for our car? also how did you get the msd ignition to work on the 4g64? i thought since we had a distributorless system that it was very expensive and nearly impossible to get done. :?:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mark1)</div><div class='quotemain'>where exactly did you get the cam from zex from. Â*i wasnt aware that they offered a replacement camshaft for our car? Â*also how did you get the msd ignition to work on the 4g64? Â*i thought since we had a distributorless system that it was very expensive and nearly impossible to get done. Â*:?:</div>

ITs not the cam shaft just the single cam gear, and u get that from ZEX.. with the help of of my boy big bike from jade, and my friend jasmine they did some reasearch and found that it can be run even thought we do not have a distrutor, but i was loosing spark or timing somewhere in the msd chain from its start up to initial spark.. so i have to buy a ITC from Apex'i to get the timing engaged so it would work.. it was a lil more than what i wanted to spend, but anything is possible with a lil cash not including these 2 know there electronics..

mark1
    thanks. how did the new camgear work out for you? worth it or no?

CRH-1
    Shane, I would really like to see your setup would you happen to have any pics, also can you give me some info on your dyno #s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mark1)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks. Â*how did the new camgear work out for you? Â*worth it or no?</div>

Honestly i see a small difference only on the first spray since the rev's dont go into redline like they were doing the first time i used it, but i think it worth it, but thats just me.. I did try it with the AEM but i kept bouncing it off the rev-limiter all the damn time..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CRH-1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shane, I would really like to see your setup would you happen to have any pics, also can you give me some info on your dyno #s.</div>

The only pics i have of this set-up is of the motor sitting on a stand with it completely stripped because now im takin pics of it set-by-step since this will be the third time im
    rebuilding it after it has blown up.. As in the words of the dyno with the original motor she could put down 242 to the crank N/A, with the nitrous oxide who knows, never testes because the guy who was there didnt allow the use of nitrous on the dyno, because he didnt have the proper gear to strap the whole thing down.. but my est. i would with the shot i was using wll over 300+hp...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123