The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this normal? gauge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ive tasted it before(not by choice) and indeed, it does taste sweet ha!
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Ive tasted it before(not by choice) and indeed, it does taste sweet ha!
    :shock: ...seems you and that dog have similar immune systems ;)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Yah, pure coolant is just retarded. The pre-mixed coolant is the only way to go for sure.

<span style="color:#FF0000">And yah, the stuff is pretty hazardous to the enviroment</span>. But at a junkyard I used to go to, there was this <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">old dog that roamed around and he used to drink coolant like crazy</span> lol. Not sure if he was immune to it

LMFAO thats funny

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Dont ask me how he is alive. He didnt drink it like it was water, but if there was a puddle on the ground, he would quench his thirst real quick lol.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    ok i changed my thermostat...and flushed my cooling system
    i will find out when i go to school tomorrow if the temp gauge is normal.

Good deal Furious...keep us updated.

also remember to check the coolant in the radiator, not just that tank off to the side. the tank off to the side is just an overflow tank. there should be fluid in there too but more importantly fluid in the radiator.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    ya i will cheak that also.

thanks guys! all that info.

Any news on your coolant gauge issue?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4&#045;G&#045;rim
    Any news on your coolant gauge issue?
    after changing the flushing and the theromostate

still the gauge doing same thing, after driving in heavy traffic brakeing for hours...the gauge go up and it stays up for "10-15second" and then it comes down. So i went my local garage (only he works on my car if somethign happens) he said its normal, the coolant fans work and everything....he did a test drive for 30 miles and he saw what happens.
    he said "trust me its normal if anything happens its on me"

so should i worry man?

I dunno about that being "normal"...because that isn't normal for any of my cars. Only recently my g/f's 8g was doing that only because her radiator was rusty inside from hell but ever since I replaced her radiator and flushed cooling system it hasn't happened since.

Lets just say this....My job is about a 28 mile trip one way. During the summer months here in florida it gets around 98 degrees with humidity that makes it feel like 110+ degrees. I usually drive a constant 70-75mph on the highway in these conditions and my coolant needle doesn't move one bit at all.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a failing coolant temp sensor possibly?

coolant level still good right?

how many miles are on the car? when's the last time you changed the water pump?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

WHen you say "the gauge goes up" does it go up to the level in the picture or up in the red. Depending on altitude change it may be normal. Last time I did a coolant change I foolishly used some tap water mixed with straight coolant(I think, cant remember) which turns to crap after awhile. I made a 10hr trip through the Mountains to Ohio and noticed on the elevation changes the temp gauge would go above normal then back to the normal "just before 1/2 mark" and stay there. I just kept adding pre-mixed coolant to the mix and it eventually stopped.

Now that Im back at sea level, the gauge doesnt move. Altitude screws with everything, fuel trims are the worst when giong from sea level to 3-5k above if your barometric pressure sensor isnt working right, even then, they still arent the same!

So did you use premixed coolant when you added the coolant/flushed the system?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4&#045;G&#045;rim
    I dunno about that being "normal"...because that isn't normal for any of my cars. Only recently my g/f's 8g was doing that only because her radiator was rusty inside from hell but ever since I replaced her radiator and flushed cooling system it hasn't happened since.

Lets just say this....My job is about a 28 mile trip one way. During the summer months here in florida it gets around 98 degrees with humidity that makes it feel like 110+ degrees. I usually drive a constant 70-75mph on the highway in these conditions and my coolant needle doesn't move one bit at all.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a failing coolant temp sensor possibly?
    hm... coolant temp sensor i will look into that. i think radiator but it looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    coolant level still good right?

how many miles are on the car? when's the last time you changed the water pump?
    60k ya i change my water pump around 40k

WHen you say "the gauge goes up" does it go up to the level in the picture or up in the red. Depending on altitude change it may be normal. Last time I did a coolant change I foolishly used some tap water mixed with straight coolant(I think, cant remember) which turns to crap after awhile. I made a 10hr trip through the Mountains to Ohio and noticed on the elevation changes the temp gauge would go above normal then back to the normal "just before 1/2 mark" and stay there. I just kept adding pre-mixed coolant to the mix and it eventually stopped.

Now that Im back at sea level, the gauge doesnt move. Altitude screws with everything, fuel trims are the worst when giong from sea level to 3-5k above if your barometric pressure sensor isnt working right, even then, they still arent the same!

So did you use premixed coolant when you added the coolant/flushed the system?
    I just purchase those 50/50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12