The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New goodies for my swap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    can i have your heads before you sell it?

man thats going to be a crazy set up, its good you moving down here to miami theres alot of galant peeps down here and damn its going to be an honor meeting you bro.

PM if you need anything alright man
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by Joaltava
    man thats going to be a crazy set up, its good you moving down here to miami theres alot of galant peeps down here and damn its going to be an honor meeting you bro.
    PM if you need anything alright man
    ive met this fooll too many times,,,everytime we chilled he would make me feed him cookies.....

Pedro wtf, what about me foo? I thought the cookie thing was for me and me only?
    shogun8g: I feel gay

any pictures of the block assembled? i just bought those same rods, now this week is a set of wiseco pistons but with a .040 larger bore... im really interested in how your setup comes out cuz i have pretty close to the same thing but without the dohc as of now
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    any pictures of the block assembled? i just bought those same rods, now this week is a set of wiseco pistons but with a .040 larger bore... im really interested in how your setup comes out cuz i have pretty close to the same thing but without the dohc as of now

havent got it back yet...they keep bullshiting and they turned the crank without telling me and wanted me to buy bearings that were .010 over, so i went ahead and bought another crank and ordered some ACL race bearings...i might as well wait and do it right the first time.

i should have it back around wed/thurs next week and i'll post pics up. what made you go with a .040 over? what compression pistons did you get?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

i got 8.5:1 so with the lower compression pistons im hoping the larger bore will balance out so i dont loose all low end torque
    hopefully the 2800 stall torque converter with help too

what bearings did you go with i was told to use either mitsubishi or clevite bearings of the 1g 6bolt's?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

wow.. looks like another project that I cant wait for you to finish..

i got 8.5:1 so with the lower compression pistons im hoping the larger bore will balance out so i dont loose all low end torque
    hopefully the 2800 stall torque converter with help too

what bearings did you go with i was told to use either mitsubishi or clevite bearings of the 1g 6bolt's?

im using ACL race series bearings. you'll want to use 2g 7 bolt bearings with thrust washers instead of the flanged ones for the mains. either bearings are good. clevites you can can get autozone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    im using ACL race series bearings. you'll want to use 2g 7 bolt bearings with thrust washers instead of the flanged ones for the mains. either bearings are good. clevites you can can get autozone.
    i was told to use the 1g 6bolt bearings if i used the 2g 7bolt rods with a 4g64 crank that might all change anyways when i have the crank cryo treated so im gonna hold off on the bearings for now... the motor is a seperate one that i have so down time is not really an issue but i do want to have this done sometime soon lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    havent got it back yet...they keep bullshiting and they turned the crank without telling me and wanted me to buy bearings that were .010 over, so i went ahead and bought another crank and ordered some ACL race bearings...i might as well wait and do it right the first time.

i should have it back around wed/thurs next week and i'll post pics up. what made you go with a .040 over? what compression pistons did you get?
    Noel you should have just used the turned crank. The 64' cranks dont have any nitride coating in them, neither do the stock EVO cranks, so turning them really wont do any harm.

i was told to use the 1g 6bolt bearings if i used the 2g 7bolt rods with a 4g64 crank that might all change anyways when i have the crank cryo treated so im gonna hold off on the bearings for now... the motor is a seperate one that i have so down time is not really an issue but i do want to have this done sometime soon lol
    I was told the same thing when I used 2g Eagle rods in my EVO block. I actually spoke with a tech at Eagle about this, he told me that initially the 2g rods needed to use 1g bearings because they never changed the bearing tang seat. However, they have since changed this and now you can use the correct 2g/EVO bearings.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

well, after waiting about a a month and a half instead of the 2 weeks it was supposed to take, i finally got my 2.3 stroker back. also went ahead and did the balance shaft delete while it was being assembled. just waiting for seals and gaskets to come in tomorrow and i'll be able to start assembling the motor. i'll post up pics as i progress.

man,
    look how beefy that girdle is.

can't wait to see you put divets in the asphault.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

thats awesome!!!!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Nice!

more pics...

that looks yummy...can't wait to see it finished man...

Wow, very nice. Is that a Honda in the background I see?
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    Wow, very nice. Is that a Honda in the background I see?
    lol yea, that's remedy's g/f's car

more pics...

OMG!!! that looks yummy. 2.3 right?? cant wait til u get her started.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast