The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 97 ECU print out??

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    well i've notice that everytime i disconnect my batery for a long time my car sounds alot deeper.....i know that if i deisconect it long enough that i can make the ecu reset to a clear setup....well i wsa wondering why not put a switch somewhere in the cabin so i can switch the ecu off when im parked and when i decide to drive the car, just switch it back on.....by doing that i'll always be ridding the galant with a fresh ecu setting.....right now i have a switch that disconects a wire on the tranny which prevents me (or anyone) from starting the car.....i always turn this switch off every time i park my car....oh the switch is hidden by the way. it's like my little "anti-teft" device....im thinking on running a relay to connect and disconect both tranny wire and the ecu(thinking power cut-off).....by doing this i'll have the security and the little difference on the car(sound and maybe performance).

so im wondering if anyone knows which wire i should cut and place a swicth on.....my guess is a main power wire....problem is i dont know anything about the ecu wiring.....can someone post me a print out of the wiring?

thanks
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

Experienced TGC Member
    IMO... I dont think this is a good idea at all.. But if you insist on doing it. Find a way to run a switch that kills the battery connections instead of messing with the ECU wiring.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ehhhh I dont know about your theory. If you want a quick disconnect(would be a good anti-theft at least), Pin 82 is the power for the 97/98 ECU. Its sad that I know that off the top of my head, the wire should be black with a white stripe I think as well.

IMO, I wouldnt do it, I dont think there is a point. Do some real mods to get some real power(not to be confused with fake power).
    7g for life!

the car runs deeper because its probably running like shit. the ecu has some preset paramaters in there to get it started but it sorta adapts to the conditions it runs upon to get better peformance and optimum driveability.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

hmmm......that makes sence.....oh well, i guess im just going to wait till i get some reall cash to make her better
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    lolol.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678