The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AGX's or GR-2s?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Its about that time..I have about 60k miles on the progress springs and stock struts and it is getting BAD...so i am buying new struts. i think i have decided KYB just based on its popularity here on the forum and price. But really I can not tell what the real difference is between the AGX and the GR-2 besides one being adjustable and the other not. with the adjustable ones, what are the advantages? better for my ride height? (about 1.8inches) I am not putting them on myself but rather a shop, so if i buy the agx's wouldnt they realistically be the same as the GR-2s since I wont be adjusting them? please give me as much info and ADVICE as possible. I will probably buy this week. Thanks...

Oh...P.S. Anyone know where to get the best deal on these?? thanks in advance
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

i got the AGX, i like them cuz the settings 1-4 u can set ur stiffness not ur ride hight, and to adjust them all u do is pop ur hood look by ur sturt tower bar, and youll see it stickin out from theri use the screw drive they give u and move it to 1-2-3-4 whatever stiffness u like.. best price im thinkin is IMPORTCARPLUS, i dont have thier link but go tto club3g.com and check the GB section thier listed thier...great serivce from them
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Performance Parts Store

or

Import Car Parts

I just ordered the Tein SS-P from Justin at Import Car Parts. The rear has arrived... now I'm just waiting for the front. He seems like a good guy to do business with.

As to the difference between the GR-2s and AGXs... the GR-2s are just stock replacements. The AGXs can be made stiffer, depending on what setting you have them on. I believe #2 of 4 is supposed to equal the GR-2s.

Whoops... forgot to login before I posted. Didn't the old site force you to login to post?

Progress and AGX's here. They are great.

so i am assuming that the 01 -02 eclipse works for the g? and also, if i opt for the gr-2's what is the difference between those, and lets say AC Delco or another cheap brand? arent they both basically stock oem replacements? still not sure which ones i am going to get. i guess i will look into procing a bit more.
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

i wouldn't suggest PPS right now. they're being really shady on the 3g forums. people have been ordering stuff and not recieving anything.

but yea, the gr2's are what we call "factory replacement" but note that unlike te factory shocks and struts, the gr2's are 10-15% stiffer than the factory shocks/struts.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    i got gr-2s and I like em.

Experienced TGC Member
    when i get some extra cash.... Im rolling with the agx's

i love my AGXs with my Teins

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    i got gr-2s and I like em.
    x2, I got them for free when I bought my car last year, lol. The ride on a G with GR-2's is a lot better and less jumpy then stock, seeing as I've ridden on other G's. If you want performance then do the AGX's or Tein SS-P's

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    not to mention the agx's will last longer although i have the gr2's with tiens and the ride is great and no problems

I got the GR-2s and progress springs and I love the ride. If you dont want to adjust them I'd say go with the GR-2s. They are like 210 at ajusa.com.
    * KYB GR-2 shocks and struts $210
    * Progress Technology lowering springs $157
    * Lowering your own car for the first time, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by PDT1631
    I got the GR-2s and progress springs and I love the ride. If you dont want to adjust them I'd say go with the GR-2s. They are like 210 at ajusa.com.
    best price yet.even cheaper than ebay and free shipping..i think that just convinced me to go with the gr-2's. ordering them tomorrow...thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by PDT1631
    Just wondering, do you have to also buy the Strut Boot and Mount Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    i got the AGX, i like them cuz the settings 1-4 u can set ur stiffness not ur ride hight, and to adjust them all u do is pop ur hood look by ur sturt tower bar, and youll see it stickin out from theri use the screw drive they give u and move it to 1-2-3-4 whatever stiffness u like.. best price im thinkin is IMPORTCARPLUS, i dont have thier link but go tto club3g.com and check the GB section thier listed thier...great serivce from them
    Are the rear also adjustable or just the front?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Are the rear also adjustable or just the front?

yup all 4 are adjustable