The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cruise control at 125?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    I recently read in my 96 7g manual that the stock cruise control has an operating range of 25-124 mph. i was just wondering, has anyone tried to use the cruise at 124? i think they might have exaggerated a bit

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Hey if thats what the manual says then why not.
    Before going 5spd i would set my cruise at like 85-90 when im on the highway going up to Ithica. Where the flow of traffic is 100+(even the cops do it)

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am just curious who the hell "cruises" at 100+mph?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    thats what i was wondering too. i sure wouldnt trust a cruise control computer at those speeds. i dont even see why you would usually drive that fast anyway

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    my dad told me when i was 14 he drove 95mph the whole way to vegas from san diego.

then he gave me the car 2 years later. no wonder i'm losing compression in my #3 cylinder
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Keep in mind the same cruise went on Euro cars that can cruise at 100+ on a regular basis. I'd hate to hear the engine screaming at 125 for an hour or more, but hey... I've accelerated past 100 w/ the cruise arm, but just to maybe 102-105ish, and just for an instant to get by some traffic.

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    my dad told me when i was 14 he drove 95mph the whole way to vegas from san diego.

then he gave me the car 2 years later. no wonder i'm losing compression in my #3 cylinder

95mph for 6 hours.. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    95mph for 6 hours.. wow.

I do it when I go up to my parents house. Anywhere from 95 - 105 for 6 hours or so. Only stopping once for gas and food. I fill up at 265 miles or so at those speeds. Really not that bad...engine is not screaming per say. settling around 4100-4300 rpm. Cruise control most of the way

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

granted i dont have a 7G but while i was in germany i would drive the autobahn on cruise at 120+ for 3-4 hours to go to my buddies house in my 8G. did that 5 or 6 times in 3 yrs. also drove to the nurburgring at 100+ on cruise and that was about a 6 hr drive as well. of course i use amsoil in the engine and tranny so maybe thats what helped keep my engine together hahah
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB
    U.S ARMY...THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Back when I was young and stupid I cruised at 120 from Miami almost to the Georgia state along the Florida Turnpike. I don't recommend it, but I know from experience that it's possible.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.