Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    THE-G
    GOOD OR NOT SO GOOD WHAT DO YALL THINK

EBAY TURBO

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-G
    GOOD OR NOT SO GOOD WHAT DO YALL THINK

EBAY TURBO

probroblly not the best but it could work, you still need a bunch of parts that arent included since you have a 7g i would suggest you piece together your own it would be more then likey more cost efficiant custom to your likings and has the most potential just my .02

THE-G
    4g63 turbo

how bout this one

xs power is know for having crappy welds etc i would suggest to stay away from that brand especially they have a lot of problems

THE-G

i looked it up it seems cheaper to buy the kit

if you can get the right parts and you know what your looking for it would be cheaper to do your own setup especially in the long run i really wouldnt trust most of those ebay kits honestlly they are mostly crap no name brand and there really isnt too much feedback on them, if you dcide to go with one then all the power to you write up a review and you never know it may be a great kit. i would rathe go with quality and if you have a small budget be patient and save some more and i guarantee you you wont regret it, its like a lot of people learn better to take the right route then the shorter route and its always better and cheaper to do it right the first time.

THE-G
    tru

You get what you pay for. Seriously. Looking at those kits they're pretty much no-name turbos. They won't last and as said have issues like welds falling apart or the turbine breaking or whatever. None of those kits have an intercooler or piping either which will cost more on top of that. They are very basic kits and will take more than what is listed to have a complete setup. Putting together a custom kit will most likely cost more, but be more reliable in the long run.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

THE-G
    so tell me how much i should save up

Depends on what you're going for. The Tearstone kit that was produced earlier this year was going for $4000 on the 8g. That is a COMPLETE kit. Everything you would need from engine management to fuel upgrades, turbo, intercooler/piping, etc. That doesn't include install either, thats just the kit. Thats why there are only select people on this board boosted. You are a 7g though and there are many more options for the the 4g63. If you bought a complete kit I would say $3000. If you took your time and pieced it together over time even less. It'll cost time and money.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Depending on your knowledge and internet skills(ways of finding deals) then you could peice together a kit for $1500-4000. When I say $1500 thats a kit consisting of used DSM parts. If you know the ways, it can be done.

Those eBay kits tend to look very nice but the wear and tear of driving everyday will eventually cause something to fail. Brands to stay away from on eBay are SS Autochrome and XS Power.
    7g for life!

i would stay away from the ebay complete kits. the turbos are usually garrett "style" and are no-name brands. i have that same manifold but its from meghan racing, and i just welded the wastegate flange on. i peiced my whole turbo kit for around 700 bucks but i saved alot of money by making my own parts like flanges, downpipe, chargepiping, etc. my advice is know what ur looking for and remember that you do get what u pay for and why risk blowing ur whole engine or something when u can spend the extra money on a good kit. good luck

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    isnt Roman selling some turbo stuff at a great price right now?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    nothing like building your own turbo setup for the most reliable power. those ebay kits are nothing but toys and will break, and possibly damage your engine.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd