The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 215/35/18

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    My friend is willing to sell me an almost brand new set for like $250. I have been running 225/40/18. Will these tires fit? What kind of problems am i looking at if i use these?

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    check ur offset.. the higher the better.. 225.. might be a little wide..

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    check ur offset.. the higher the better.. 225.. might be a little wide..

^^^lol what u talkin bout man.

your speedometer will be off slightly and your wheel gap will increase about an inch thats about it.hope u have coilovers :-D
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g-ridda
    ^^^lol what u talkin bout man.
    your speedometer will be off slightly and your wheel gap will increase about an inch thats about it.hope u have coilovers :-D

offset.. i was trying to tell him the higher the offset for that size the better.. he don't want those rims sticking out.. i don't know man you got 20s you know better.. ;-)

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i have 225 on my car and it fits perfectlly. the 35 profile will give it just a little less tire but if it is worth it go for it just be more cautious around the potholes etc

Edit* just reread it a 215 it could work may stick out a little i would try to install 1 tire if he would let you to check how it looks on the car and from there make your decision

tire sizes (unless you go WAY wider than what u have right now, and then that would b trivial since at that point the tires would fit the wheel) have no affect on wether the wheel sticks out from the car; that is a function of WHEEL OFFSET. you guys are talking about 2 totally different things, tire's don't have offset, wheels do. 225/40r18 is about perfect on 18x7.5 +45mm offset on the 8G. 215/35r18 are both too short and too narrow for the 8G on 18's. great price? no, since the tires are TOO SMALL.

oh wells....thanks for the advice. 225/40 fills my wheel gap perfectly, just going to stick with it.