The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2004 ES at the dragstrip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    If I ever go back to the track with this Galant, i'll be sure to use your techniques. Have you raced any other V6 cars?

A few, everyone of them I beat though because this model is a bit lighter than the luxury model (I have the base V6) and I know how to launch my automatic! :)

Taken out a lot of V6 Camaro's, V6 Mustang's, etc
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    Listen "Bud",

[...] any AUTOMATIC CAR WITH A TORQUE CONVERTER that and [...]

Every auto has a TC, or do you mean HSTC?

heh,

It was more along the lines of a smart ass comment! :P

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

With my '01 V6 I can beat V6 mustangs and camaro's, how much do you beat them by as I'd expect the 9g to be faster than me.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    With my '01 V6 I can beat V6 mustangs and camaro's, how much do you beat them by as I'd expect the 9g to be faster than me.
    From 0-100 MPH they are specs in my rear view mirror.

Not to be confused with modded V6 mustangs or Camaro's which will sneak up in bite you in the ass (my only loss in my Galant, a heavily modded v6 mustang)

Nice runs man, I'm lookin to do some perf. mods to my G when my warranty runs out. Hopefully there will be more things out there for us by end of this year..

Good tips for racing.. I always used to turn TCL off, but I will leave it on now for launching off the light. I spin anyway, but the TCL cuts my power big time since the stock RS-A's suck big time for traction.

I've beat all stock.. 1.8T VW's, Audi A4 1.8T's, V6 Mustangs, older Maxima's (the 04+'s are faster than our cars), V6 Accords, Altima's.. and bunch more.. mainly 4cyl and V6 cars..

'04 Galant GTS - 6000k HIDs (low beam), hyperwhite lights all around, tints, Kenwood amp and 12" PG Xmax. Engine: Stock for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gc86
    Sounds like it, what im doing is letting off the gas when manually shifting it into 2nd/3rd than stomping back on it when its in gear, bad for the tranny but makes the car jump off when starting the next gear that's why you hear the car rev higher.
    This works way better then stalling it... I have tried both and this method works best though harder on your tranny.... I plan on finding a 4G eclipse or lancer to trade out the stock Auto G tranny for the 5-speed.... *shrug* I'm hoping to have the first 5-Speed ES galant 9G that is.... afterward I might sport the Turbo kit all depending on finding what I need and having the cash in hand

04_GTS_Galant,

Yes, TCL is much better on when you have some what decent tires...it will pull timing off the line (just like those pretty stand alones do) to reduce wheel spin but as soon as it stops spinning it will push it back to neutral.

My best runs were with TCL on...with it off at the track I just spin...

Kilsom,

It does not work better than stalling it, after all you're using the stall whether you want to or not...your thinking of flashing the converter/stalling the converter off the line (most people say stall, as do I, but technically you're using the flash point of the TC).

As far as letting off the gas and flooring it between each gear it really doesn't make any sense and you want to know why?

Your PCM is set to shift at a certain rpm and let the clutches slip at x% to shift, when you let off, and floor it it's not engaging any faster, the only thing you're doing is pissing off the ATF fluid and heating it up, shaving/melting that nice clutch pack and grinding metal to metal when somethings NOT supposed to be disengaged.

If you do decide to do the let off and floor it through each shift for whatever reason, don't expect to see the dealership warrenty it because there will be a shit load of metal shavings in the pan and they will deny it and won't fix it.

Last time I checked on AllData these trannys were around 2k...you willing to chance it?

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    From 0-100 MPH they are specs in my rear view mirror.

Not to be confused with modded V6 mustangs or Camaro's which will sneak up in bite you in the ass (my only loss in my Galant, a heavily modded v6 mustang)
    I've beat mildly modded ones, fortunatly most of the ones around here arent built much further than intake and exhaust.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12