The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Isn't the 10G going to be out soon?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 84
    If they redesign every four years, the 10G should be due out 2008. I'm really eager to see what it looks like.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    yup can't wait... hope it's back to the sharky look.

probably own't happen in 2008 since the 9g just got its redesign. 2009 at the earliest.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    8g still the best i said it... 8)
    ya what what

I agree I love the 8G out of all of them.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    I agree I love the 8G out of all of them.
    me too
    lasthopeskrispy (9:45:12 PM): what would a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate?
    SkylineGTR7865 (9:45:36 PM): idk what
    lasthopeskrispy (9:45:47 PM): fuck if i know

ahh same here..8gs rule
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    ya what what

World Spec 8g > USDM 8g

There I said it.
    Ya what what.
    :laughing:

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ
    World Spec 8g > USDM 8g

There I said it.
    Ya what what.
    man i love for all the galants!
    ya i want to see that 10G...cant wait.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    I haven't heard anything about the 19G yet.

I don't even know what body they are using in Japan. Are they still using the 8G or did they change over to the 9G?
    -Pedro

Why must we get screwed here. :laughing:

Id say bring back the 8G with a EVO set up.

Dreaming out loud I guess.

Some one posted a picture of the new lancer it looks very similar to the 8G.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

I get the feeling the 10g will look like te 8g galants. You see a patern with Galants. Look at the 6g and 8g, most of the body hints remain the same. I hope they do the same for the 10g's. That would be awesome a 10g with AWD and twins...drools

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    that would be cool if it came out soon i like the 9g design 8g is definatelly the best though at least on the exterior, seeing that the 9g came out in 04 i would give it a few more years till we see anything a concept would be cool though maybee we will see that in 2008 but i doubt the real model will come out for a while after that unless of course he 9g sales go plumeting and they are forced to come out with a new model sooner.
    i was reading somewhere a while back that when the 8g came out in the us it was mitsubishi's biggest seller in years and was the most substancial part of thier income which also must suggest that the 8g is best lol

isn't there a member that works at a mitsu dealership here? maybe he could let us know something....
    lasthopeskrispy (9:45:12 PM): what would a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate?
    SkylineGTR7865 (9:45:36 PM): idk what
    lasthopeskrispy (9:45:47 PM): fuck if i know

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    You're thinking about manybrews, I haven't seen him post in a while.
    -Pedro

I drive a 7g but i love the bodylines of the 8g and the amount of aftermarket parts for them.
    Light em up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I have to double check my info that I have at home (I'm at work) I'm pretty sure that it's coming out in 2009.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    I haven't heard anything about the 19G yet.

I don't even know what body they are using in Japan. Are they still using the 8G or did they change over to the 9G?
    As far as I know the 9G Galant made in Normal, ILL is sold worldwide by Mitsubishi.

Also 2009-2010 is the earliest we would see a 10th gen Galant. Heck maybe longer we haven't even seen a prototype yet.

I did find a nice bit of information however about the 10G Galant.

Mitsubishi's Next Galant to Be a Compact Global Model — and U.S. BuiltDate posted: 12-09-2005

TOKYO — The world car is back, and it's at Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi's product team is now locking down plans for the next-generation Galant. The idea is to build essentially one compact body model for worldwide sale and source it exclusively out of the U.S. That's according to a recent story in one of Japan's top industry newspapers.

Mitsubishi right now is producing two Galants. One, a large body model designed in California and built in Mitsubishi's Normal, Illinois, plant. The second, a much older, narrow body car, for Japan, Asia and Europe. Production of this latter model will end soon for Japan, the paper says, but will continue on for hot markets for Mitsubishi such as Russia and the Middle East.

Mitsubishi's reported idea is to relaunch the Galant in 2008 as a smaller-body world car, with the U.S. plant making both right- and left-hand-drive models for the U.S. domestic market and export.

A Mitsubishi spokesman in Tokyo refused to confirm the report. The current U.S. Galant launched at the 2003 New York Auto Show as a 2004 model. By 2008 (as a 2009 model), yes, the time would then be ripe for a redesign.

What this means to you: Mitsubishi has scored big with the compact, superfast Lancer Evolution. Maybe some of that DNA, in a smaller-than-now body, could be a hot ticket for the Galant in the U.S. market.

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    ya what what

World Spec 8g > USDM 8g

There I said it.
    Ya what what.
    just remember what you have inside (under the hood)

yea the vr4's rule over all usdm galants

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Only america and australia sell the 9G Galant. Athough the Australian model (called the 380, a Diamante replacement) is australian built and there are some differences between the two. The 8G Galant was released in Japan in 1996, and was still being produced in 2006 for some export markets (namely New Zealand), so the 8G spanned 10 years.

I honestly don't think we will see a new Galant for a few years yet - infact give it time and they will discontinue it completely, as the Lancer is growing larger and larger (for instance the current shape Lancer is actually bigger and heavier than the 6G Galant).

The US 9G Galant is alot wider and bigger than the 8G Galant, infact it is of same size as the Diamante it replaced, but was given the Galant namebadge - it should really have been called the new Diamante :P

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast