The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Isn't the 10G going to be out soon?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 84
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    8g still the best i said it... 8)
    ya what what
    x2, im agree, in my parents country they still have the 8g model for ten years , since 1997 to 2007, of course they change the front , the taillights 2 times only, and inside they change it too, and its a real jdm , but 8g is the best , :D

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

TGC Regular
    I get what you are saying their just keeping the same platform redesigning the current Galant, but its still the same platform. I thought when a car company makes a new generation of car they also change the platform, its justs going to be a redesigned 9G. We may get something like the Aussie's 380.

Like galant305 stated
    x2, im agree, in my parents country they still have the 8g model for ten years , since 1997 to 2007, of course they change the front , the taillights 2 times only, and inside they change it too, and its a real jdm , but 8g is the best ,
    They kept the 8G for 10 years and redesigned it two times. We may get the 9G for 6 or 7 years with a couple of design changes.

yeah, for ten year, check here in this page , i know is spanish but enter in MF, MX and GALANT , and you gonna see the diferent changes that they did in ten years.

http://www.tucarro.com/index2.html

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

lol my cousin said a friend drives an Aspire and I thought WTF he was talking about....
    Is it that difficult for Mitsubishi to just all the Galant platforms as "galant" as opposed to confusing names with the same body? Sure I can understand the Altezza/IS300, CRX/Del Sol, 3.2 Inspire/3.2 TL, Attenza/Mazda6 of this world but Galant/Legnum/Aspire/MX/MS/MF/380/and other not mentioned.... :?

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    8g still the best i said it... 8)
    ya what what

hahah you guys are so funny....you make my day!
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Quote Originally Posted by remarque
    I get what you are saying their just keeping the same platform redesigning the current Galant, but its still the same platform. I thought when a car company makes a new generation of car they also change the platform, its justs going to be a redesigned 9G. We may get something like the Aussie's 380.

Like galant305 stated
    x2, im agree, in my parents country they still have the 8g model for ten years , since 1997 to 2007, of course they change the front , the taillights 2 times only, and inside they change it too, and its a real jdm , but 8g is the best ,
    They kept the 8G for 10 years and redesigned it two times. We may get the 9G for 6 or 7 years with a couple of design changes.
    It has been my experience that car-makers use the following terminology when a new vehicle is released:

(Major) Redesign - Interior exterior, engine and transmission updates, and updates to the chassis/platform (same platform used as previous generation)

All New - Completely new design from the ground up (new platform)

Further, it is not uncommon for automakers to use a platform for more than one generation. Even Toyota uses the same platform for two generations in many cases (though modifications may be made).

The PS platform is not a bad platform, it is just too heavy.
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

Dealers Not Impressed with 2009 Galant

That's the headline in a story that ran today at autonews.com (subsciprtion required). See link and scroll down a little...

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...070820&x=0&y=0

I don't know what the rest of the story is, but maybe some of the Mitsubishi insiders can shed some more light on this.
    I sincerely hope that MMNA and Mitsubishi Japan will not simply rush the next gen Galant to market just for the sake of having something to offer. I would rather wait an additional year and get a better product. It sounds like the dealers feel the same way...
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    2009 would be the start of the 10g, 99-03, 04-08 that means 09

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    david i think that's still a 9G.

TGC Regular
    I read that 10g galant is going to be designed to mimic the 4g eclipse, meaning a more rounder organic shape. I just hope they dont let Olivier Boulay design it, look what he did the 9G Galant and 1G Outlander. Their not ugly cars but neither are they eye catching. I just hope Mitsubishi takes their time.

Please no. They should go to the same direction they did with the new Lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Please no. They should go to the same direction they did with the new Lancer.
    I TOTALLY agree. I'm feeling a little worried if they go for a "rounded" look. I love the look of the new lancers

I read that 10g galant is going to be designed to mimic the 4g eclipse, meaning a more rounder organic shape. I just hope they dont let Olivier Boulay design it, look what he did the 9G Galant and 1G Outlander. Their not ugly cars but neither are they eye catching. I just hope Mitsubishi takes their time.
    i LOVE the 9G!!!
    i'd buy one today. and rock it out.
    as long as its not a base model, the GTS and Ralliart are very eyecatching to me.

but.... Can you tell me any year when a base galant was any kind of pleasing to the eye?

I prefer the chisseled look as well, but they haven't done a galant wrong to date. So i trust em.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    They are good looking cars but they can get lost in the crowd. The 9G look like an Altima a bit.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    yup!! it needs to stand out again!!! like the sharks!!

They are good looking cars but they can get lost in the crowd. The 9G look like an Altima a bit.
    But the Altima is exactly that, and who cares about those things anyways?

TGC Regular
    Make the Galant smaller? Compact? WTF? I don't like the sound of this...

It looks like AutoWeek posted the story I linked from AutoNews earlier this week.

Full story: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...2001/1024/FREE

Apparently the MY 2009 Galant will NOT be a redesign, just a re-skin (i.e. not a true 10G). Further, there seems to be no official time-table yet for the full redesign. My guess is 2010 (2011 model year)

Wow they really have no idea what they're going to do w/ the galant. The 9g galant is a nice car in and of itself but it doesn't compete w/ the other cars its supposed to like the altima. As an 8g owner I would much rather take a new altima over a 9g even though everyone has an altima. I think they messed up w/ the 9g they took a step backwards. They need to completely reboot for the 10g like what they did w/ the lancer. Make it a flat out better car than it was a definate notch up. You can't even compare an 08 lancer to an 06. I'm talking about DE to DE or ES to ES. It needs to be that way w/ the 10g.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast