The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM 8G Lip on '03 USDM Galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    Just finish installing after a not so hard modifications. Painted it with a PEP Boys spray paint for now cause I'm too excited to see how it is going to look on my car. Fortunately, the paint is almost a match.
    I think it is a VRM lip (am I right?). Purchased it online and was sent from Hongkong. Tell me what you think and suggestions are very much welcome. Side skirts are next. Thanks.

[attachmentid=76] [attachmentid=77] [attachmentid=78] [attachmentid=79]

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Nice!

Do you have a full frontal shot? Hows is the fitment? Looks pretty good

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    from what you pictured looks really good like factory cant really tell the color from the camera quality though but otherwise A+

Sorry about the quality of the pics. I used a camera fon. I'll try taking better shots tomorrow including the whole front.
    Fitment wise; the lip, eventhough it is really for an 8G Galant(JDM), was shorter. So I cut the ends on both sides & added the needed length to fit the lip on the bumper using resin, fiberglass, body filler and a liitle chicken wire to make it stronger. Used a Dremel to trim the edges to make it sit on the bumper better.
    After all these processes. the finish product is what you can see now.

are those headlight washers on the bumper?? functional?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    are those headlight washers on the bumper?? functional?
    they better otherwise :laughing:

ya i think it really looks good!!

I just want to make sure if it is a VRM lip b/c I am ordering one asap. Let me know thanks.

I like it, It almost looks factory

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Thanks guys for the good comments. I work hard to to make my car nice but still simple. Although I haven't really posted a lot of pics of my Galant, I'm pretty sure some of you has seen it personally especially Neel9.
    OK! to respond to the questions.
    1. Headlight washers could be functional but its not for now.
    2. I am not really sure about the specific model of the lip but I'm sure that its from a JDM 8G Galant.
    Probably, you can ask SleekGTZ about this. He has the same lip but his is installed on a JDM bumper.

it doesnt look like the vrg lip i have it as well not installed yet bit i dont thing it would work that easilly as it is made for that bumper and bolts on to the bottom ftn a well as the bottom and sides do youhaveany pics of the lip itself?

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    At first I wasn't sure if that was a VRG lip because the part that is close to the wheel seems too straight. But since you mentioned that you made that part longer to make it fit, then that would make more sense. Yes it is a VRG lip. Nice work man on making it longer, it looks really fit and flush.

Here's a side view pic of my car and everyone will see what I mean:

kidlatV6 = Lightning V6

Another pinoy?

8)

good job, thats an expensive lip. LOL
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

looking at it im still not sure i am thinking the same thing as you sleek about that flare out on the sides but i guess he could of made it straighter if he had to mod it but im thinking of the tabs on the top of the lip also that go into the last fin area on the bottom maybee cut them off too and found some random mounting points, im not saying its not possible but that is a bit of work to do all that lol

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ
    At first I wasn't sure if that was a VRG lip because the part that is close to the wheel seems too straight. But since you mentioned that you made that part longer to make it fit, then that would make more sense. Yes it is a VRG bumper. Nice work man on making it longer, it looks really fit and flush.

Here's a side view pic of my car and everyone will see what I mean:

kidlatV6 = Lightning V6

Another pinoy?

8)
    I think he is pinoy

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did trim the end of the lip that is close to the tire because it going to make my car look very low at the front and I don't wanna take the chance of it getting broken after, let's say I hit a pothole. Yeah, so that's the reason why it looks different at the side.
    Here's a pic of the lip after I extended it and before I trimmed the bottom part. Again sorry about the quality of the photo.

[attachmentid=80]

Syempre! Isa akong tunay na Filipino! Ipinanganak, lumaki, nagtapos sa 'Pinas at ngayon namumuhay sa Amerika.

TRANSLATION:
    Of course! I am a true Filipino! Born, raised at finished my studies in the Phillipines and now living here in the States.

that looks real good. real stock looking.

ok now i definatelly believe you lol it is the vrg lip good work again i could see that being a lot of work

his car is sick! sup ray!.. was goin to drop by yesterday but got busy with family. will come down next week.. i dont like pics.. wanna see it in person.. pics usually dont do justice.. guys/girls.. his car is sick as hell.. his is the only car which i have seen in gold which looks clean as hell. looking at his gold color makes me wanna get the same color car.. hit up next week ray.peace!

Quote Originally Posted by kidlatV6
    Syempre! Isa akong tunay na Filipino! Ipinanganak, lumaki, nagtapos sa 'Pinas at ngayon namumuhay sa Amerika.
    TRANSLATION:
    Of course! I am a true Filipino! Born, raised at finished my studies in the Phillipines and now living here in the States.

What up Pare! We are almost neighbors. Im near Colima and Fairway/brea canyon cutoff, lets meet. I have heard about ur car, Neel is always raving about it, lol, so when ever ur free, lemme know...

Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast