The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel pressure/ MAF bench test

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    What is the base fuel pressure for the 2.0 DOHC N/A engine? I'm having a wierd driveability problem and I think my fuel pump might be crapping out on me.

Also is there any way to bench test the MAF?
    If there isn't a Z or an X in the cars name I don't want it!

1983 Datsun 280ZX
    1978 Datsun 280Z Turbo
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant GS-X

Stock fuel system pressure is between 27-29 psi. There is a way to test your MAF, you'll have to look up online what the requirements are, but to give you an idea, you'll need to test the resistance on the circuit connecting the MAF to the ECU/MFI units. Like I said, I don't know what the exact reading is supposed to be, but usually it's around 5 ohms on MPI engines (from the engines I've worked on so far anyway, lol, I could just as well be way off). What exactly is the car doing? My buddy has a 90 Tsi and it had some really weird problems too, it turned out that the ECU had a few melted transistors in it, but, on the other hand, you could be dead on too cause on my 89 galant, I had problems and it turned out it WAS the fuel pump. In any case, before you start spending lot's of money, check everything, like fuel filter (could be clogged a bit) spark plugs, etc. You may know that already, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to be reminded lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineGSX
    What is the base fuel pressure for the 2.0 DOHC N/A engine? I'm having a wierd driveability problem and I think my fuel pump might be crapping out on me.

Also is there any way to bench test the MAF?
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors