The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tranny problem

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    is anybody else having a problem going from reverse to drive, and from drive to reverse... their seems to be a 1 - 2 second delay on my car... its a problem when im on a hill or an incline as i have to press gas and quickly shift gears cuz of traffic... ive already changed to tranny fluid like two months ago...is my car still under warrenty even though i bought it used from a mitsu dealer?? car has 42k right now...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    It still may.

Makaveli51017
    dude you should know if your car i still under warranty. the dealer should have made it clear if it was or wasnt. thats a big thing for used car dealers to scam on so i would deffinately check on that. other than that your synchros for reverse or drive might be bad and thats kind of expensive to fix. good luck

nvm: re-read the postings

ic... ill make a stop at one of the dealers near my house... i hope everything is ok...maybe they can swap it wit a 5 gear auto

it should be still under warranty since it's the tranny

Since it is used your power train warranty should be til 60,000

well the mitsu mechanic said i might just have 36000 miles depending when my car was made in 04, well i looked later in my brocher and it stated 36,000 miles basic warrenty... and 60 limited for the tranny... what does limited warrenty mean?? ill call up the dealer i bought my car and clarify this when i get the chance...

1 to 2 seconds is considered normal for reverse to drive or vice versa under some conditions.
    its most likely not an issue.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    well if it's 04 or up then you have five year 60,000 bumper to bumper, and ten year 100,000 mile powertrain.. Haha i'm so used to saying that... That's the best selling point...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    well if it's 04 or up then you have five year 60,000 bumper to bumper, and ten year 100,000 mile powertrain.. Haha i'm so used to saying that... That's the best selling point...
    Not if it's used...according to the manual anyway
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

sailordude74
    mine does the same thing, and it is annoying. mine has 80,000 miles on it. and really its under warranty to 100000 for power train? sweet. didn't think mine still had a warranty on it

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    mine just started the rolling can noise on the tranny.