The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about some parts?????

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    mbssbm

question about some parts?????

Will an eclipse intake fit on our car? Will eclipse strut bars fit on our cars?

please help me

TGC Regular
    3rd gen eclipse stuff for the most part works on 8g galants i dont know about the intake probably should but not 100% sure but for the STB ya it should fit
    - Atba

CliptheApex
    yes, about the intake, i ordered an AEM cold air, and it fit like 97% perfectly. and i think ive heard of someone on here puttin on a factory eclipse strut bar, so im guess that should fit as well.

Yes to both. I'm running a CP Racing CAI intake for a V6 eclipse and it fits perfectly. Even has the soft mount and the bypass filter like the AEM.

The Eclipse strut bar will fit, but it won't bolt to the firewall like the eclipse because of the difference in the engine bay. They're around $50 from Delray.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

toc8g
    I can't resist but my Injen RD CAI for the 3G Eclispe fit my 2002 I-4 Galant 100% Perfect,.....

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I have the 2g eclipse GS-t strut bar, it fits without a problem..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Turboutlaw
    what year is your car that you put that strut bar on??? I had a problem with Nopi caus they had labeled something wrong and they send me the 47 dollar one that was supposedly 95-2000 eclipse...anyways, it didnt fit my 2000 at all. I worked it out with them though

Re: question about some parts?????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mbssbm)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will an eclipse intake fit on our car? Â* Will eclipse strut bars fit on our cars?

please help me</div>

3G (3rd Gen. Eclipse 2000-2003) Intakes and STBs fit ALL 8G Galants(1999-2003).

mbssbm
    what about 2G parts on 8G's?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mbssbm)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about 2G parts on 8G's?</div>

intake won't work. the mitsu motored galants are reversed ours and the chrysler motors don't have the airflow sensor adaptor that the mitsu motors use.

but the rear discs from the 2g will work on the 8g. i believe they share some of the parts

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

toc8g
    Yeah Allan is right. My very first intake, before they made intakes for the 3G or 8G was a old moded 2G Eclipse intake. They had to cut it and face it the opposite way but it worked good. I was modiny my 8G before they even had parts!!!! HAHAHAHHAAH I must be a OG!!!