The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SDS DYNO...1st pass

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    SuperchargedGTZ

SDS DYNO...1st pass

my car dynoed today at first pass 237whp. we only did one other pass and found that the car is running dangerously LEAN about 14.6. we tried boosting the fuel pressure about 10psi but the fuel pressure just drops off during boost. Talked to Ross today and we are going to put a fuel pump in either a Warb. 255 or 3000gt VR4 pump.

I will have to bring it back to the dyno after the pump is installed to get fine tuned. hopefully next saturday i will be able to get it to RIPP, just have to stay out of boost till then. it is going to be tough since i have gotten so addicted to boost.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Kwiksix
    Good #'s though for a first pass.
    In tank pump should help, do you have a fmu to bump up fuel pressure with boost?

SuperchargedGTZ
    i have a FPR that was running at 55psi than we increased it by 10.

So at what boost psi was this done at? 5psi? 6psi?

Kwiksix
    Yeah it's your in tank then my regulator is usually in the high 40's and during boost goes into the fifties.
    I still feel I'm running a little rich though.

237 WHP is damned fine for being out of tune. Can't wait to see the result after you get it tuned. I would have expected it to be higher, and probably will be after you get the FP replaced. Keep us posted.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    14.6 is dangerously lean? Crap I've been told my air/fuel at 14.7 was just fine, and that's before I adjusted my screw...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Shit 14.7 wow, thats just crazy as hell.. i had to get a new FP a while ago but i went for hte GSX fuel pump which was suggested my an old member and it worked out really well i was able to run Fuel boost levels in the low 50's.. But 237whp is really well for a car that really outta tune.. Once u get the new pump i would imagine that u would be able to do around the 240's, hell maybe even the low 250's.. cant wait to hear the numbers when ur done.. If u can get the SDS sheet so we can see what the numbers look like..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

SuperchargedGTZ
    i have the sheet and i will try to scan it in later on today at work if i am not busy. i am going to call Ross today and see what FP we are going to put in.

thanks for the support guys

Fast99ES
    A question...aren't they supposed to supply things like new fpr's and fuel rails, etc...or is it becuz its so new that they dont what will work and what wont? I am interested in the kit thats in progress for the 4banger...I HOPE everything is included...ya know all the essentials...but good luck on the ride...thats a lot of hp to be pushin right now! Just imagine when its all good!!!!