The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lookin For Power

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    hey i'm wiring up my playstation in my car and i wanted to know where theres a constant power if theres any so i can hook it up.... i orgianlly had it so i split the cig. lighter but i wanna make it so it doesn't shut off wen i turn the car off... anybody know where theres a constant power?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    your best bet is to get a power inverter and go directly to the battery

the fuse box has constant power going to it. but the battery is the best place IMO to get power from. just don't forget to fuse the power wire as close to the battery as possible

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Wouldnt it be easier to just us a power inverter? How would straight wire something with a dfferent current than what the car provides(dont know if I worded that correctly :-? )?

even if he has a power converter, a power converter isn't going to magically make power on its own. it has to get power from somewhere. hence i suggested the battery.

Ok, question... Why do you need to have a playstaion in your car? Last time I checked when you drive your car, you should be looking at the road... right? Their is another person that goes to the the so cal meets that has an xbox in his car... I think to myself... Why?! People cant drive as it is... but to put a videogame console in your car...? Than to play it when the car is off... I know I would prefer playing a console game in my house, with a good TV, and good sound, and big space...? Just why?
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

he wants power for the playstation when the car isn't on and im guessing if the car isn't on, you wouldn't be driving it. am i correct?

I know that he wouldnt be driving it... but wouldnt it be better to play a console in the house, and not in the car?
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

TGC Regular
    It would be easiest and safest to go straight to the battery with an inline fuse. But if you dont want to go through the firewall there is a constant power wire in the ignition harness (coming from the steering column). I beleive its blue with a yellow stripe. (about 10-12 gauge).

Heres a link i promise you will use in the future...... http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

Click on "vehicle wiring diagrams"

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    I know that he wouldnt be driving it... but wouldnt it be better to play a console in the house, and not in the car?
    Maybe he takes long road trips and has a kid who gets bored in the car? Maybe the playstation will keep him busy and quiet? Maybe he doesnt have a TV in his house... :P
    7g for life!

probly just for show, im going to get a ps2 in there also just to show off when i go to shows n stuff but take it out wen not in use,

If it is a PS2 than don't use an inverter, they can run on 12v DC without any probs.

Like recommended above, go fused to the battery. Add a switch inline, if the PS2 is going to be in a hard to get spot.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox

you need to think outside the box.
    -Pedro

I have an xbox in my car, and I use it alot. I mean I use it for music bc its modded (have about 45 Gigs of mp3s on it), other people play games and watch movies on long trips.