The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Water Leaking to Interior?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    It just started raining and water is leaking to my interior, it's having an effect on my electrical because when I turn my wipers on, they stay on after I switch them off... LOL. Anyone have this problem? im going in for warranty service after I take out all the car audio out of my car! I think they'll gay me if they see all the wires I have ran for my audio setup. Oh btw the water is comming from the passenger side below the blower.

If you would have done a search you could have found your answer. All the guys who keep their car sitting outside or have had previous owners that did get leaves and other crap stuck in the evaporator drainage tube. Just clear it out with and air line or a hanger and it will be back to new. Maybe a hanger in not the best choice so do a search for "leaking interior" and you should find your answers.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8gV65spd
    If you would have done a search you could have found your answer. All the guys who keep their car sitting outside or have had previous owners that did get leaves and other crap stuck in the evaporator drainage tube. Just clear it out with and air line or a hanger and it will be back to new. Maybe a hanger in not the best choice so do a search for "leaking interior" and you should find your answers.
    I dunno... It may be different cause he has a 9G

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    I dunno... It may be different cause he has a 9G
    True.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    its probably the same thing.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Use your warranty.

Anyways..it might be a leaking evaporator core but you say there is water after a rain.

Do you have a sunroof?
    The drain channels on the sunroof could of failed causing it to leak into the interior.

Another possibility is that maybe there is a body grommet seal thats missing somewhere in the firewall/undercarriage area and the water is leaking from there.

Either or..use your warranty!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Use your warranty.

Anyways..it might be a leaking evaporator core but you say there is water after a rain.

Do you have a sunroof?
    The drain channels on the sunroof could of failed causing it to leak into the interior.

Another possibility is that maybe there is a body grommet seal thats missing somewhere in the firewall/undercarriage area and the water is leaking from there.

Either or..use your warranty!
    Warranty is going to be used after I put some stock pieces back on the car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    They can't deny warranty coverage unless the "modifications" you did on the car directly effect the problem on the car.

For example...if you just put some aftermarket wheels and you go in for a interior water leak and they deny warranty coverage, thats BS!! The dealer can only deny warranty coverage if a modification to the vehicle directly effects the problem.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo