The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SOHC 4g63 worthwhile???

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    7gSoldier
    I threw a rod in my 7g and am going to drop a new engine in it. to save money, I'm considering a SOHC 4g63 that I found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280036161109

The seller claims that it is a direct bolt-up. Is this true? If it's a direct bolt-up then wha about the DOHC 4g63? Also, how good is this engine--will it perform as well as the 4g64 or will I be looking at a major loss in performance? And since there is a turbo version of this engine available will I be able to turbocharge it later without any crazy custom work? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

if hte DOHC 4g63 found in the 6g gsx and the 1g eclipse gs makes about 120 hp then the sohc version would make like 100 hp or something like that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    don't know bout that.. i wouldn't

seth can tell you where u can get a 4g64 block for like 300.. and u dont want to lose power.. 100 hp would be 40 less then stock.. ew that just sounds slow.. you couldnt get it back to stock w/o a 40 shot of nitrous..

but if u just want the gas milage, it wouldnt too bad, just dont race anything.. other than a geo metro 1.1 3cyl
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if it's the non turbo 4g63 then you won't be able to boost it as safely and reliably as the 4g63t. also, putting that in your galant, and leaving it stock, is going to be so slow you're going to want to shoot yourself.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd