The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Teaser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    here you go: evo VIII turbo with 20k miles for $150:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=228624

thats a steal. but see I got the 15G for free... I'm broke.. lol.. but if I had 150 to spare i would take that. I wont be turbo til late next year.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Evo8 turbo is "backwards" compared to a DSM/GVR4 style turbo. Wont work for you without a whole lot of plumbing.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah but the 8g motor is oriented like a Evo motor so it would work fine :P

If they use DSM turbos they just have to rotate the cartridge I believe.
    7g for life!

Ahh, thanks. I didn't know what this meant
    "it will be going on a Frankenstein 4G64 with the EVO head swap."

one thing, a Bypass valve is the same as a Blow-off valve correct?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Basically. Here is the distinction:

A compressor bypass valve (CPV) also known as a compressor relief valve is a vacuum-actuated valve designed to release pressure in the intake system of a turbocharged car when the throttle is lifted or closed. This air pressure is re-circulated back into the non-pressurized end of the intake (before the turbo) but after the mass airflow sensor.

A blowoff valve, (BOV, sometimes hooter valve) does basically the same thing, but releases the air to the atmosphere. This creates a very distinctive sound desired by many who own turbocharged sports cars. Some blowoff valves are marketed with trumpet shaped exits that amplify the "psshh" sound. For some owners this is the only reason to fit a BOV.

Quote Originally Posted by steveVR4
    Basically. Here is the distinction:

A compressor bypass valve (CPV) also known as a compressor relief valve is a vacuum-actuated valve designed to release pressure in the intake system of a turbocharged car when the throttle is lifted or closed. This air pressure is re-circulated back into the non-pressurized end of the intake (before the turbo) but after the mass airflow sensor.
    A blowoff valve, (BOV, sometimes hooter valve) does basically the same thing, but releases the air to the atmosphere. This creates a very distinctive sound desired by many who own turbocharged sports cars. Some blowoff valves are marketed with trumpet shaped exits that amplify the "psshh" sound. For some owners this is the only reason to fit a BOV.
    I see, my turbo has it right on the turbo.
    see:

so does that mean I dunt need one on the upper I/C pipe?

I don't see where that thing releases air from?

You need to recirculate the vented air, so I think you will have to bolt a plate over that hole and run a 1g "BOV" (bypass, actually) on the up pipe. Although, that flange setup right on the compressor outlet is probably not great for air flow. You're really set on using that turbo, though, so whatever.

theres a rubber part connected to a string part inside that thing separated from the turbo, and theres a little tube thing sticking out of it. ill prolly sell this then. where could I sell this??

Not real sure what you're describing, but that piece that is off the turbo is the bypass valve (bov) except I don't see where it releases the air. The small tube (nipple) sticking off is where you connect it to the intake manifold for signal.

eBay.

I just registered on the Volvo forums and asked a couple questions. they said just put a plate over the whole and run a BOV on the I/C pipe... they said it should be okay, then I can just recirculate the bov to the intake... so its all good im gunna use a 16G exhaust manifold and then a DSM manifold like underated does. Im gunna do my 5-speed swap first tho.

I've decided Im gunna sell this turbo for $200 local and save up for my 5-speed and use a 50trim from slowboy racing when i go DOHC and boost. "practical" thing to do. call me lazy or what ever but i really dunt want to make all this custom shit for it and just to find out i wont be able to use it when i upgrade turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by steveVR4
    You need to recirculate the vented air, so I think you will have to bolt a plate over that hole and run a 1g "BOV" (bypass, actually) on the up pipe.
    ^^^^^^^
    I told you to put a plate over it. :-D

I think its wise to sell it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12