The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowering car and gas mileage......

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Lowering car and gas mileage......

I don't know if this sounds right but ever since I lowered my car my gas mileage has gone down. I used to get about 260-275 miles on a full tank but ever since I lowered my car the mileage has gone down to about 220. Has this happened to anyone else? or could it be something else? Car is pretty new, 2002 bought in April.

Thanks in advance for any input or thoughts about it.
    Miguel
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Senior TGC Member
    Not me...I'm fine.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    i havent had that problem myself either thats preety weird
    - Atba

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I've never heard that happening to anyone.. it happend to me but i have engine mods, and recalibrated fuel system...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    have you been driving more aggressively?
    Your signature is too long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>have you been driving more aggressively?</div>

You know what I think thats it because I love the way the car changes lanes at high speeds and I caught myself going fast just so I can change lanes. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just filled the tank up, so I'm going to take it easy and see what the mileage is this week.

thats my thing too...driving more agressively...I love the way the car handles...and the sound of the muffler and intake
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

how is ur alignment? bad alignment can also cause reduced gas mileage.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>how is ur alignment? bad alignment can also cause reduced gas mileage.</div>

Yea my alignment is off waiting for my friend to get back from vacation. We are going to put the front AGX's on and then he'll do the alignment. Never thought about the alignment, that has to be it alomg with my aggresive driving, thanks alot Pinoy.

Miguel